Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

£16 too much?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The other thing I have had is where people say they want a regular clean, but then you find out that their idea of 'regular' is every six months.:confused:

Perhaps its because I haven't been involved in Window Cleaning long and dont know any better but all the new customers I have got by canvassing I have just explained how we spend a lot longer on first clean by doing all the frames and sills properly and then just maintain them and quote double price for first clean , everyone bar one -who looked like hassle down the road has no problem whatsoever.My favourite is when they say the previous chap was cheaper but stopped doing them--if they are obviously working I tell them how many people clean windows for beer money whilst signing onwith no insurance whilst

hardworking people like themselves and my goodself;-) who are fully insured have to pay for it etc.Turns then into rabid fascists on the doorstepwho cant wait to pay extra whilst spouting the daily mails headline of the day.

w

I had one earlier..£20 I used to pay £15 .

yep but that wasn't me..I charge £20

where is the other windie??

Dunno..he used to come sometimes then not for a while and sometimes missed the frosted ones

That's why it is £20 and I will be back in 4 weeks

i quite like it when a customer brings out a few fliers theyv kept as trophies from other windies, to try to use as a bargaining tool . they wave them at me like a deck of cards in an outstretched hand, " any house for £5 " is usually the one at the top , "what about that ?"

but my eyes are glazed and looking about a foot too high and i say nothing . i especially like it when they move the cards to where my eyes are pointing and i them move my eyes even higher

Last edited:
Never has happened to me yet but my response would be why are you still looking for a window cleaner then /emoticons/biggrin.png

i quite like it when a customer brings out a few fliers theyv kept as trophies from other windies, to try to use as a bargaining tool . they wave them at me like a deck of cards in an outstretched hand, " any house for £5 " is usually the one at the top , "what about that ?"
but my eyes are glazed and looking about a foot too high and i say nothing . i especially like it when they move the cards to where my eyes are pointing and i them move my eyes even higher

There are plenty of time wasters about for sure.

I received a message from the lady earlier, she said but was a bit out of her budget. I thanked her for enquiring /emoticons/biggrin.png

The other thing that crosses my mind re price is that I would

say I get 80+% of all gutter jobs I quote on which logically would seem am too cheap.I'm in Manchester and charge £40 for average semi.Any opinions welcome.Interestingly a tiler pal of mine said he thought he was too cheap so I suggested he asked the customer what they thought was a fair price -he only told me the other day he had started doing it and was getting higher prices than before.He had retired since and not got round to telling me lol.Have to take a bravery pill and do it myself.Assuming the actual job is done professionally and safely then pricing would appear to me a far more important subject than the amount of coverage it seems to get.I would happily pay for a "Smurf Seminar /Webinar etc." to hear his views on the subject and the way he presents the price and conditions the customer to see the value as opposed to cost of his work.Over to you Smurf ;-)

r pal of mine said he thought he was too

dont worry ...muggins here has been doing them even cheaper at times....i did one on friday...for a fiver...:eek::eek::eek: but it was just a blocked downspout and she lives on her own but....it really just covered the petrol...i a big softy but i working on it.......

That's why you're not rich and cheerful
clear.png

when i think about it ,i never buy the cheapest brand in the shops, cos i know it wont be very tasty. or if its a shoe,the quality wont be good

i think a common mistake most of us make is that we go in low pricing ,thinking [mistakenly] thats what the customer wants to hear.

I used to..nowadays I pric3 em on what I am actually expecting to earn for the amount of time involved. .plus a couple £

The correct answer I suppose is as much as you can get away with that makes it worth your while.

If you don't ask and all that...:rolleyes:

The other thing that crosses my mind re price is that I wouldsay I get 80+% of all gutter jobs I quote on which logically would seem am too cheap.I'm in Manchester and charge £40 for average semi.Any opinions welcome.Interestingly a tiler pal of mine said he thought he was too cheap so I suggested he asked the customer what they thought was a fair price -he only told me the other day he had started doing it and was getting higher prices than before.He had retired since and not got round to telling me lol.Have to take a bravery pill and do it myself.Assuming the actual job is done professionally and safely then pricing would appear to me a far more important subject than the amount of coverage it seems to get.I would happily pay for a "Smurf Seminar /Webinar etc." to hear his views on the subject and the way he presents the price and conditions the customer to see the value as opposed to cost of his work.Over to you Smurf ;-)

r pal of mine said he thought he was too

It's also easy I've found to get 2 sided 3 bed semi jobs starting from £75 upwards depending on size and how awkward the jobs are. Likewise for terraced houses where they can be more hassle for access too.

Mind you it helps if you use the right kit and have a good reputation as ppl are willing to pay a premium to know the job is going to be done properly & safely too.

There is good money to be made in gutter & downspout clearing but it's also a dangerous job so use the right kit and charge accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back