Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

£5 per house

WCF

Help Support WCF:

lol not a chance, I charge around £1 per window most of the houses I do have 12/30 windows and conservatories theres no way he could do them for £5

with awsome service and begin consistently there

theres a guy going around by me doing them for £5 and i charge 7/8 and even £12 in some cases

but i dont see him much and hes always with 2 other people tho its mad

i dunno you cant do much tbh

That is quite a hard quote to beat, it would be interesting to see how big the company was if they could offer a service for that little.

well if someone had 500 houses at £5 hed have around £2500 a month income from it and be busy

but if we stick at a proper price which is £7/8 wed only need 300 houses to get to that much roughly

so id that guy dont mind cleaning an extra 200 houses for the same money leave him crack on lol

There is no way people here would pay £1 per window unless they where big windows or a mansion... 2 up 1 down + door, front & back would be average for £5 here

You don’t compete with it, why would you want to compete? You shouldn’t even be thinking about competing - even if you win – you will lose.

If your wfp and only have a 25ft pole, there is no reason why you can’t compete with work against compe***ors that charge 2-6 times that as a minimum price

I and many others I know wouldn’t want this work if it was given to me free, or even if I was paid to take it on. You would be better off with a job, rather than window clean for those prices.

Richard

There is no way people here would pay £1 per window unless they where big windows or a mansion... 2 up 1 down + door, front & back would be average for £5 here
Same round my way, not many will pay more than £5 for an average house.

Average price in quite a few places.Even if only had 150 custies a month, that's still more money than being on the jam-role for some people and a little dignity by being self-employed.Better than than grovelling to some parasite agency , overrun by Borats!

£5 for trad or WFP?

Well mines trad, bloke and his son round me do wfp for 7 I'm told but they been round here long time and got the trust built up.

You don’t compete with it, why would you want to compete? You shouldn’t even be thinking about competing - even if you win – you will lose.

If your wfp and only have a 25ft pole, there is no reason why you can’t compete with work against compe***ors that charge 2-6 times that as a minimum price

I and many others I know wouldn’t want this work if it was given to me free, or even if I was paid to take it on. You would be better off with a job, rather than window clean for those prices.

why wouldnt you want it ???? i can do 5 council houses an hour wfp (thats me & my backpack) so £25 an hour & some of mine are £6 theres lads doing em for £4.50 but i've got more cos i do a good job. there's plenty of lads with trades on a lot less than that up here

Simon is that every hour you work over the year? Imagine what you can do with private housing, commercial etc

The city where I live there are several places where it would be difficult to get much more than £5 per house, I don’t bother with these places, why would I?

Richard

If he has 2 lads working for him - say doing one house every 15 mins (30 mins work per house), and extra for conservatories?? then he could be pulling in £20 per hour, and paying £14.00 per hour wages - £6 per hour for sitting at home - 40 hours per week = £240

Not a bad way of doing it.

Not my choice - we price fairly £1 per window - but everyone has their method.

We are flat out - so not too bothered what anyone else does.

Richard
Why wouldn't you clean windows for £5? If you had 500 of them would you still prefer a job?

id get told to f*** rite off if i tried to get a quid a window round here.

£5 average atm but im guna risk it and try to get a quid a window if i get any new uns

just took over the round in feb so darent cause trouble till they have paid for themselves

ha

I still do houses for £4 and fronts for £2.. I can earn just the same money if I was doing £20 houses. All my payers are great so keeps me happy. I would like to bump these up as I haven't put prices up in 5 years from I started. And all new work I'm putting a bit extra on.. Got a letter from t mobile saying my Phone contract was going up! Due to inflation

no way. greedy gets.

nearly as bad as aol. just tried to charge me £189 to cancel my internet.

cos im in a contract, so i started rabbiting on on the phone

55 mins later, they not charging me now, haha

i had the chineese woman pulling her hair out

hahaha. Halooooo ! internet service providings, howwww can a hellp yuu todaaay meestar!!

have u noticed they all have names like fred, and julie, instead of buk wing ching, haha

Richard
Why wouldn't you clean windows for £5? If you had 500 of them would you still prefer a job?

£5 is not a lot of money, and by the time you take out all cost its going to be closer to £3. I don’t want any customers who expect to have their windows cleaned for this small amount of money.

So it’s not so much a preference but I think it would be better to have a job or to do something else.

Richard

Back