Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1 week to decide

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all. Must say the cleaning warehouse have been very helpful. 

They have given me a quote for a 350L delivery only set up, including battery and split relay upgrade to V16 and fitting with full explanation of how everything works. £1,242 inc vat
That sounds good as you will get an invoice showing they installed it which might help insurance wise. 

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi all. Must say the cleaning warehouse have been very helpful. 

They have given me a quote for a 350L delivery only set up, including battery and split relay upgrade to V16 and fitting with full explanation of how everything works. £1,242 inc vat
With their consent film the instructional walk around so you can refer to it the next day when you forget it all. Start a YouTube channel with and pass on the help to others like yourself starting out 

So update. Orders I made are starting to come through. Looks like with lockdown, getting a van and system fitted will have to wait for a while. So received from WCW, EX CEED, and The cleaning warehouse.  Only Gardiners delivery to arrive now, poles etc. Happy days.

20201102_125749.jpg

So update. Orders I made are starting to come through. Looks like with lockdown, getting a van and system fitted will have to wait for a while. So received from WCW, EX CEED, and The cleaning warehouse.  Only Gardiners delivery to arrive now, poles etc. Happy days.

View attachment 22287
Would love to see you spool your hose reel on the lounge floor with 100m of hose all around the house

Would love to see you spool your hose reel on the lounge floor with 100m of hose all around the house
That's gonna have to wait now, until I can get a van n the system fitted. Looks like its gonna be put back a good month or so now. But should be ok ,start off with backpack out of the car.

That's gonna have to wait now, until I can get a van n the system fitted. Looks like its gonna be put back a good month or so now. But should be ok ,start off with backpack out of the car.
There's no reason why you can't get the reel loaded up with hose and the fittings in place mate.

Whats stopping you getting it all sorted? I know we are going into lockdown but nearly every window cleaning equipment supplier and garages are not stopping as they are essential cleaning suppliers or key workers 

There's no reason why you can't get the reel loaded up with hose and the fittings in place mate.

Whats stopping you getting it all sorted? I know we are going into lockdown but nearly every window cleaning equipment supplier and garages are not stopping as they are essential cleaning suppliers or key workers 
Oh I thought van/car sales were having to close. Happy days . Will go get a van next week then

Gardiners delivery arrived to day. Must say great service by all the companies I've used. So now have poles,brushes,backpack etc. Time for a practice Thursday. 

Gardiners delivery arrived to day. Must say great service by all the companies I've used. So now have poles,brushes,backpack etc. Time for a practice Thursday. 
can I make one valuable point that won't immediately benefit you but future proofing is the key. 

Get some electrical installation tape and pull out your pole sections slightly and wrap the tape with a few wraps around the part of the pole sections that would normally be closed up against each clamp.

This method in my opinion saves pole swivel and excessive clamp wear later on.

Obviously weekly and monthly pole preventive maintenance is crucial but time saved now is money saved later 

can I make one valuable point that won't immediately benefit you but future proofing is the key. 

Get some electrical installation tape and pull out your pole sections slightly and wrap the tape with a few wraps around the part of the pole sections that would normally be closed up against each clamp.

This method in my opinion saves pole swivel and excessive clamp wear later on.

Obviously weekly and monthly pole preventive maintenance is crucial but time saved now is money saved later 
Thanks for the advice. Have taken Squeaky Clean Dave's hint and put O rings on my poles. Will put insulation tape also. Had a bit of practice on my own house, with conny.  Not looking too bad now.  Not had a windy for 2 years in my area

Result, get me van tomorrow!!

Just got to Protekta Cote the floor. And go from there. Just debating on a flat Tank or upright.  
Thinking if I go for a flat tank. I can board over the top, and fit hose reel so I work out the near side door rather than the back doors. Thoughts anyone?

Get the upright , flat tanks are a nightmare for  air locks 
Hadn't thought of that. Cheers 

There are a couple of issues with flat tanks you may consider.

If you are getting low on water you have to make sure you park the van so the outlet is lowest point. i.e. if outlet on near side you cant park with near side wheels on kerb as water will move to low side!!! Same with up hill!

Watch the height of a hose out of a side door as it's close to pavement. The hose will be coming out of the van at say 500mm of floor it then the hose doesn't drop straight down but will create a diagonal trip hazard!! 

That said there are quite a few who do have flat tanks like AE Machintosh!

Back