Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1 week to decide

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use a 650ltr Wyedale flat tank. No issues with it at all. I fitted a nylon non-return valve about 6 inches above the outlet. Almost never get air in the system now unless I run out of water or park up for a couple of weeks. I regularly get down to the last 2 inches of water. I boarded the top of the tank for the side reel and my son works from the side every day while I work a second reel from the back. It's so handy as we don't get in each others way. If I was working on my own I would work from the side work station, it's just so easy. When we pull out the hose it drops to the ground very close to the van as we pull the hose quite fast and I've modified the manual reels to make them run more freely, so they over-run a turn or two which allows the hose to settle low down.

Things are different for those who work a lot on really steep roads. The potential for dry stranding the tank outlet is much more likely.

I use a 650ltr Wyedale flat tank. No issues with it at all.
Your is more like a cube though mate, so different to having flat tank like a 400ltr wyedale tank for example which I've had in the past I actually found it harder to gauge how much water I had left.

Depending on the payload of @Ian Docksey 's van he may have to go for a 350ltr upright anyway the same as myself 

Your is more like a cube though mate, so different to having flat tank like a 400ltr wyedale tank for example which I've had in the past I actually found it harder to gauge how much water I had left.

Depending on the payload of @Ian Docksey 's van he may have to go for a 350ltr upright anyway the same as myself 
Yes will be getting a 350LTR  upright delivery only system  from TCW.

There's some truth to that. I started with a 400 flat and used to get a fair few air problems. I did a straight swap with a friend for the 650 as he and his buddy only work part time so didn't need that capacity. When I fitted the 650 I fitted a nylon non-return valve at the same time. Funny enough I've asked him a few times if they get problems with air. He said they don't.

Yes will be getting a 350LTR  upright delivery only system  from TCW.
? Nice van by the way, I have the same van and it's good little van with ample room, one thing that might be advisable depending on if the van has been sat for a while or done short runs is to shot this in Cataclean Diesel  this cleans the whole fuel system not just the  dpf filter and catalytic converter.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
? Nice van by the way, I have the same van and it's good little van with ample room, one thing that might be advisable depending on if the van has been sat for a while or done short runs is to shot this in Cataclean Diesel  this cleans the whole fuel system not just the  dpf filter and catalytic converter.
Van has been in use, the guy really looked after it.  Just got to protectakote the floor. Ready for the tank etc to be fitted.  Hopefully get that fitted soon. 

Yes it is mate. Cant wait tbh, I know it's not really the best time to start up. But what will be will be ,I'll start door knocking and flyer dropping as soon as I have everything in place.
I don't know? Could turn out to be a good time to start. The customers we recruit this time of year tend to mostly stay long term and be happy with all year round cleans in weather that's often less than perfect. You'll also have time to ease into it and get comfortable with the equipment and the technique before the spring and summer.

I have a good feeling. ??

I don't know? Could turn out to be a good time to start. The customers we recruit this time of year tend to mostly stay long term and be happy with all year round cleans in weather that's often less than perfect. You'll also have time to ease into it and get comfortable with the equipment and the technique before the spring and summer.

I have a good feeling. ??
Yep I hope so mate, get a few customers. I'm in a pretty good position ££ wise atm. So no rush, i know I've got a lot to learn and hopefully perfect!  As you say !

Van has been in use, the guy really looked after it.  Just got to protectakote the floor. Ready for the tank etc to be fitted.  Hopefully get that fitted soon. 
You will struggle to get it to dry and cure this time of year I used something like this Fan Heater hung from the van roof with a bungee cord and it did the job over 2 days but that was over a very warm weekend in March, I kept it running overnight and through the day, it didn't last much longer after that. 

You will struggle to get it to dry and cure this time of year I used something like this Fan Heater hung from the van roof with a bungee cord and it did the job over 2 days but that was over a very warm weekend in March, I kept it running overnight and through the day, it didn't last much longer after that. 
Thanks for the advice. Will run 1 of my caravan heaters to the van. Was planning on 2 or 3 days for it to dry/cure. 

you really dont need to protectacote the van floor...its not needed..if the van comes with plastic load liner just leave that down......

as for starting up....its the perfect time mate...lots of people will want an xmas clean so you should pick up a few jobs......

personally i dont take on any new work until the new year now to sift out the one off brigade but you should take on any work you can

you really dont need to protectacote the van floor...its not needed..if the van comes with plastic load liner just leave that down......

as for starting up....its the perfect time mate...lots of people will want an xmas clean so you should pick up a few jobs......

personally i dont take on any new work until the new year now to sift out the one off brigade but you should take on any work you can
Just ordered 3m x 1.5m rubber flooring instead of protectakote.  Get system fitted December.  So be good to start New Year. 

Just ordered 3m x 1.5m rubber flooring instead of protectakote.  Get system fitted December.  So be good to start New Year. 
When you get your tank fitted and its full of water get a gun and silicone around the bolts and flooring if your not going to protectakote it. Will stop any water getting under the flooring and rotting out the floor pan 

I would think a one piece rubber covering as you're going for would be a better job than a rigid, applied coating. It might be worth considering painting the floor first with something protective but oily and non-setting. Waxoil or something similar. I'd take it as almost certain that some water will get under the floor covering at some point. I'd take the rubber matting up the sides for a few inches to contain any spills, but I'd allow a shaped spillway in the rubber floor covering, at the doors. I'd also put some thicker rubber matting on top of the main one in places of high wear and tear, ie under reels and equipment and inside the doors if you go into the van. We don't normally get in the van cargo area. All our equipment is accessible from outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back