Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

3mm pencil jets.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Has anyone got the new - Gardiner 35cm sill brush flocked? 

If they have are the bristles as long as the sill brush 24inch flocked?

I just find the standard - Universal is not as good as the sill 24inch flocked for getting behind the external gutter/fascia, bristles just a bit short.

The bristles on the 24inch do a much better job but looking at the new 35cm flocked that could be really good if the bristles are longer than standard universal.

I just find the standard - Universal is not as good as the sill 24inch flocked for getting behind the external gutter/fascia, bristles just a bit short.

The bristles on the 24inch do a much better job but looking at the new 35cm flocked that could be really good if the bristles are longer than standard universal.
I think @Iron Gianthas one, could be wrong as that's a big brush for the little fella ?

I just find the standard - Universal is not as good as the sill 24inch flocked for getting behind the external gutter/fascia, bristles just a bit short

I've never really gave it a thought, hard to see behind the gutter unless you are looking for it. I wouldn't worry about it unless I get pulled up. I used to be a perfectionist but in the end you would need a ladder to get every bit behind a gutter. As long as you have a dry towel at hand to clean the drips then everyone will be happy. fwiw

I've never really gave it a thought, hard to see behind the gutter unless you are looking for it. I wouldn't worry about it unless I get pulled up. I used to be a perfectionist but in the end you would need a ladder to get every bit behind a gutter. As long as you have a dry towel at hand to clean the drips then everyone will be happy. fwiw
That's not my quote you used ?

That's not my quote you used ?

You can't get the staff anymore. Had a good chat with a guy that has buy to lets. He was liking the idea of yearly clears on the gutters to prevent water egress back into the building. Might end up being his outside maintenance guy if the money is right. See what sitting in the van outside Greggs can do for ones business! Right place at the right time.

The more you get from behind the less drips occur. Which make it an easier job. Saves going round drying of the fascia with a clean cloth.

yep i have, its not a bad brush at all, nice and smooth, probably equal id say in the length but @Alex Gardiner would be best to confirm

Your the fourth person that I have heard say they prefer the flock version will add it to my limestone Gardiner order. 

I like to rinse on the glass do you rinse on or off the glass? 
I prefer the softer bristles also that they hold more water than mono bristles, I rinse on and off the glass 

Ive never dried with a towel after doing fsg. Didnt seem to be a problem, also would add loads to their bill.

Drying with a towel I do on the occasional really filthy fascia which after cleaning, at the end of the job I walk round inspect it and if there has been drips leaving marks. All I do is put a towel around the wfp brush with bulldog clips, fastest way to tie it on, and give fascia a quick wipe job done takes a few minutes..

The only time we dry soffit boards is if they are vented and bleed badly 

Aye, and those dreaded gutter brackets! The moment you walk away another black spot appears from nowhere. I just wait till the end and go round with a towel on the brush. Someone on here told me that trick and it works every time. Anyway, I had a nightmare with a gutter bracket today. I have made it my mission to design a bracket that can come off and go on easily! Watch this space, I am going to be an inventor as well as a window cleaner after reading another book called "The Millionaire Fastlane" ? I read at least 1 book a week, that's how I'm so knowledgable.

When doing gutters soffits etc I always dry with my vikan indoor pad or the doodlebug pad really thin get behind the gutters and always leave a good dry finish not dirty spots or runs adds a few more minutes per job.

Also the unger flexi clamp is great with a towel ?

I can see where your coming from. Thing is with me I hate doing sfg anyway, really aches my neck etc. fair enough if they want to pay well. or I'd be prepared to lose them. its amazing how some of them would baulk at low quotes i did when i didnt realise what a pita they were. In the days of trad i guess they didnt get them done so much? not sure.

Back