Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I spent ages looking.

Gladiator for us. Plus they cover tanks in the back.

Another company to avoid is aegis (I think that's how it's spelt) nothing but hassle that company. Plus just read the views on line. Not good!!

i noticed frrom all the comparison sites gocompare was the cheapest by about 100 quid on some vans. when i get my quote i then go to the company they said was cheapest and i get a quote on there site, its normally another 40 cheaper.

Mines runs out in 2 days lol. I had a good quote last month. Its jumped up more that 150 this month, Gutted!

They have high excess though. I cant remember who gave me the cheapest quote, I got my sister to find me one she has a knack for all that stuff

i noticed frrom all the comparison sites gocompare was the cheapest by about 100 quid on some vans. when i get my quote i then go to the company they said was cheapest and i get a quote on there site, its normally another 40 cheaper.
Ive tried that before, it works out the same if not more some times lol

i just done this with my car, with a years no claims it dropped from 2200 i was paying last year to 880 this year.

It gets better, Octagon come up cheap on the comparison sites. Just gone on their site and they won't insure me! Clean record full ncd etc etc, they can do one haha what a joke.

824 for my insruance for a scudo 1.9d on a 02 plate. no no claims coz i aint taking them to van coz you cant go bk to car then.

824 for my insruance for a scudo 1.9d on a 02 plate. no no claims coz i aint taking them to van coz you cant go bk to car then.
Load of tosh is that Ant, i check with my insurance company as i heard that years ago. You earn the NCB in your name, not on a type of vehicle!

nah i had a years on my berlingo when i had it, then got a merc and said i got yrs no claims on my van, they said u cant take commercial to car but u can car to commercial. so if this is bull that means i can take 8 yrs no claims from my bike to my car lol

thats what i was told, this is why i left it on my car, i find cars are harder to get insurance for than a van. BUT can you build up no claims for a van and a car seperate??

With most insures yeah, i rang a few before i changed over to a van and was fine.

My dad has gone from a van to a car last month and was fine.

I would check then Ant if i was you, as who ever we have mentioned it to has been fine.

But we have traders policy,

I have my own policy on my van

I have my own policy on my car's

So just check with insure mate.

I use autonetinsurance. Cost me £230 fully comp on a Astra van 96 & that's with breakdown cover & a courtesy van. My cars on the same. Whatever I went on they kept coming out the cheapest.

With most insures yeah, i rang a few before i changed over to a van and was fine.
My dad has gone from a van to a car last month and was fine.

I would check then Ant if i was you, as who ever we have mentioned it to has been fine.

But we have traders policy,

I have my own policy on my van

I have my own policy on my car's

So just check with insure mate.
whats traders policy then?? my nans neighbour is a car salesman and he told me he is insured to drive any car coz he said trade insurance. he said its cheaper this way, hes got porsches mercs lotus u name it every different day. van insurance it pretty cheap tho i think. if its under 900 im happy as its work and ill put that in my books lol ( prob not spose to but i do. )

Just search traders policy definition online, as

I'm not 100% on it.

Basically our policy covers all vans. Any employee can drive what he wants.

It's usually covers any driver over xx age o drive any vehicle with and engine size of up to xx

Example any drier over 30 to drive any vehicle with an engine size of 2.0L or less /emoticons/smile.png

Usually works out cheaper than say three different insurance policies, so good for 3+ vans

Latest Posts

Back