Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A bizarre evening for me!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mx19

Had a weird evening last night and thought i'd share!...

I received a phone call at around 0230 this morning while at work from the Surrey Police Control desk via our fire control (I wish they'd called my mobile instead of going through work but that is by the by?‍♂️). After speaking to my officer in charge initially they then asked to speak to me again (I had answered the phone initially but they didn't realise). They then proceeded told me they were calling to check everything was ok and see if I was ok as a member of public had seen a hose like attachment attached to my exhaust and called the police!!!! After explaining to them that I was a part time window cleaner and it was attached to a pump and water tank inside the vehicle the conversation ended pretty briefly, understandably as there is way better things for them to be doing, what surprised me also was that apparently they had turned up at my mums house at 0130 to try and track me down!! 

Still not really sure what they thought was happening as the police control officer was also pretty confused by everything but all I can imagine is they either thought I was suicidal and planning on running a hose through my window or it was some kind of IED. All in all a very bizarre conversation to be having in the small hours of the morning!!

I had a Bizarre afternoon today after I made some money clearing gutters. Came home and my two storage bins that I keep copper scrap and bits of pvc gutters/downpipes and anything I may need in a blue moon were empty. The bins were also move to the otherside of the line of bins I have. All my bins are number 37 bar one that is 35 because my old neighbours share a bin so I can use 35 if I want to. It now seems that the council had forgot to empty the assisted number 33 again. So they came into my backdoor, must have seen bin number 35 and emptied my two storage bins by mistake because number 33 bin is still full. Anyway, lesson learned, don't leave anything of value in bins, full stop. I have taken it as a blessing in disguise and my big clearout has now officially begun! ???

Had a weird evening last night and thought i'd share!...

I received a phone call at around 0230 this morning while at work from the Surrey Police Control desk via our fire control (I wish they'd called my mobile instead of going through work but that is by the by?‍♂️). After speaking to my officer in charge initially they then asked to speak to me again (I had answered the phone initially but they didn't realise). They then proceeded told me they were calling to check everything was ok and see if I was ok as a member of public had seen a hose like attachment attached to my exhaust and called the police!!!! After explaining to them that I was a part time window cleaner and it was attached to a pump and water tank inside the vehicle the conversation ended pretty briefly, understandably as there is way better things for them to be doing, what surprised me also was that apparently they had turned up at my mums house at 0130 to try and track me down!! 

Still not really sure what they thought was happening as the police control officer was also pretty confused by everything but all I can imagine is they either thought I was suicidal and planning on running a hose through my window or it was some kind of IED. All in all a very bizarre conversation to be having in the small hours of the morning!!
As soon as you mentioned your a  window cleaner they knew your sanity was questionable!!

Latest Posts

Back