Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A Comprehensive List of Prices

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What Iam trying to get over When I started it was you started off at lower rate then experienced windys not expecting to get the same rate as them shouldn't that be same as being self employed if everyone charges the same

the customers will decide if you are worth that price that your asking
Not at all Alan. I and I alone decide the value of my time. If the custy does not like that decision they can go elsewhere.

I understand what you are saying but you are wrong. From day one I have guaranteed a clean window including frames and sills.

Admittedly when I started there were some individual windows where I would **** up and they would take 20 mins per window where as now those same windows take seconds.

So a whole house in the past as a beginner could have taken me an hour plus to ensure the result was perfect but now the same job takes just 10 mins.

The customer still pays the same price as the customer does not pay for my time they pay a fixed price for an agreed result. The difference now is I have gotten better and can do 4 houses per hour as opposed to one.

If I charge £20 for a house that I can do in 10 mins and a new boy comes along and guarantees the same result for £20 but spends an hour longer on it the customer still gets the same bill for the same result. The new boy has been paid same as I have for doing exactly the same job, difference is us 'old hands' can do it a hell of a lot faster hence 'earn' more per hour and per day but we arent needing to charge any more per job than the newbies.

Only reason noobs undercut is their initial lack of confidence that the custy will pay what is the market rate.

I was talking about the bad windys well not really windy just I guess jo blogs when they just doing it for beer money then stop for weeks . I Wasn't talking about the good ones like on here who are doing Good jobs

What Iam trying to get over When I started it was you started off at lower rate then experienced windys not expecting to get the same rate as them shouldn't that be same as being self employed if everyone charges the same
Not at all why should you want a lower ate, i went the opposite, i charge more than most in my area, theres some who charge more mind. And yes you have a point in a sense. At first you can charge a bit lower until you build the business and then start raising prices and dropping lower priced stuff as you go along but thats just natural evolution of any business its not based on not being experienced, because firstly the customer doesnt know if you are experienced or not you just project that you are professional and know what you are talking about and they buy it. But really window cleaning isnt hard to learn, maybe speed comes over time but cleaning a window to a high standard you should be able to do with your first few attempts.

Anyone know any thing about Consept 2o system hot wash

Iv just got one of ebay as a start up system for myself I'm not new to window cleaning just going alone the the first time and splitting away from working for other people for £750 all in full 40/40 300 tank warter heater etc is a vary good price considering it well over £1500 for standard cold Warter without 40/40 etc it extra 400 to 500 on top 

But I can't seem to find any place or anything about tham ie price new or parts etc 

Back