Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Accounting problem!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I bought 6k of work when I started and my accountant said you cant put it against tax as basically good will, back in 2014, but when you sell it you make the profit on it then and its all yours.  Although I am wondering if thats accurate now having read this lot. My accountant costs me 550 a year so she better be right!! I only claim for work stuff, equipment, clothing worn for work, my van, fuel, resin, etc.....by the time I've done that I still make a profit sadly. So the tax man gets his share. You can get insurance against being investigated so you dont incurr too many costs. A mate of mine got investigated and ended up paying £1000 for just not having enough records........BE CAREFUL they after the smaller boys now...............Amazon and Costa are alright................

I bought 6k of work when I started and my accountant said you cant put it against tax as basically good will, back in 2014, but when you sell it you make the profit on it then and its all yours.  Although I am wondering if thats accurate now having read this lot. My accountant costs me 550 a year so she better be right!! I only claim for work stuff, equipment, clothing worn for work, my van, fuel, resin, etc.....by the time I've done that I still make a profit sadly. So the tax man gets his share. You can get insurance against being investigated so you dont incurr too many costs. A mate of mine got investigated and ended up paying £1000 for just not having enough records........BE CAREFUL they after the smaller boys now...............Amazon and Costa are alright................

I wouldn't trust a woman with money especially my money. They end up spending it on shoes and very rarely wear them. No, you are better off with a male accountant, you will realise this in the fullness of time. :1f609:

I wouldn't trust a woman with money especially my money. They end up spending it on shoes and very rarely wear them. No, you are better off with a male accountant, you will realise this in the fullness of time. :1f609:
??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Dude this is an open forum. If some feminist reads that it will give the site very bad press...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back