Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice from Lads with 2 reel set up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We have never had a problem with 2 Shurflo pumps drawing water from a single 1/2' hose from the tank.

Having 8mm hose on one reel and 6mm on the other makes no difference. This is our current setup although soon still uses the backpack 50% of the time.

A 1/2" house with a t piece for the closest pump has worked for us for near on 15 years.

I put up a photo of my first van's pipework a while back for you to copy. I've stuck to the same setup with the following 2 vans.

Those Shurflo pump filters need to be hand tightened and then I nip them up with a spanner. They do leak air on the suction side of you don't. (They are plastic so you need to do this with care.)
I found having 1/2 outlet divided into two pumps they were starving each other , one would run and work fine but both running at the same time the flow rate dropped right off , I put a 3/4 outlet from the tank and both then worked fine 

thanks  I G .    got my main reel back up  .  try again later.    dig backpack out of shed for now

johnny bravo said:
thanks  I G .    got my main reel back up  .  try again later.    dig backpack out of shed for now
i  still use the slx extensions   

S-Max sections, I sold you them a fair few years ago now thinking I would never need them and then a few years later I ended up needing extra sections ?
Is the s max any good mr giant?

Looking for a new pole for my commercial flats which have velux above the 3rd floor.

Is the s max any good mr giant?

Looking for a new pole for my commercial flats which have velux above the 3rd floor.
Yes mate, years ago a had a full s-max and it was like a scaffold pole for rigidity, but got rid.

As you may remember my daily is or was an xtreme of sorts but sections have snapped and are fragile, so with the ? weather I removed my metal banded sections and swapped them for the carbon fibre weave s-max sections so my daily pole is a 22ft pole made up of sections 1&2 been s-max and the rest been slx sections as my section 5 xtreme snapped clean in half last week ? and to fit my slx/extreme pole I had to chop the sections to fit the pole as they are a good few inches longer than a slx, just don't tell Alex G ?

The s-max sections are a lot more rigid and defo more robust than slx sections, you will notice the weight difference straight off but your a big lad so should manage @Part Timer I thought would have managed ? defo greater rigidity for veluxs but you may have to consider the weight depending on just how big your jobs are and whether a lighter pole would be best long term 

Yes mate, years ago a had a full s-max and it was like a scaffold pole for rigidity, but got rid.

As you may remember my daily is or was an xtreme of sorts but sections have snapped and are fragile, so with the ? weather I removed my metal banded sections and swapped them for the carbon fibre weave s-max sections so my daily pole is a 22ft pole made up of sections 1&2 been s-max and the rest been slx sections as my section 5 xtreme snapped clean in half last week ? and to fit my slx/extreme pole I had to chop the sections to fit the pole as they are a good few inches longer than a slx, just don't tell Alex G ?

The s-max sections are a lot more rigid and defo more robust than slx sections, you will notice the weight difference straight off but your a big lad so should manage @Part Timer I thought would have managed ? defo greater rigidity for veluxs but you may have to consider the weight depending on just how big your jobs are and whether a lighter pole would be best long term 
Cheers bud

Latest Posts

Back