Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice i have an opportunity to buy a van with all equipment

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Another tip if on ebay set your self a van search I'd probably type in van no vat in search set max (prob 1k over your budget to allow bartering) and and lowest price and closest to postcode it will ding everytime one is added but becareful of scammers don't pay a deposit.

You're between a rock and a hard place which I get, you want a van as it will be so much easier for you, but if he can't sort out things like the indicator and locks what else hasn't he bothered with?

A little insight here last year my wife was adamant she wanted rid of her car which was pristine with low mileage because she wanted a micro camper she was obsessed with looking and I said no to everyone she found for a variety of reasons one big factor was the price, she found one about a year ago and I wasn't happy the day we went to look at it I told her not to buy it because some glaringly obvious stuff like basic maintenance on certain parts of the van hadn't been done like rust spots and things, fast forward around 10 months and we've spent almost 2k on it all wear and tear things that will never need doing again like bushes and lower arms timing belt etc. because if no record of that has been done then you have to do it, plus we had brakes and tyres to do ?

If you don't have the money to do potential repairs then you need to walk away and save up some more money for a better van, vans are been sold for far more than they are really worth but the prices are coming down and so are the number of chancers trying to sell their vans at over-inflated prices a good one will come along just be patient and a DIY system can very easily be installed on a budget.
Ye you're right The locks don't work at all indicator is loose car seat doesn't move its stuck have to warm it up before starting engine

You're between a rock and a hard place which I get, you want a van as it will be so much easier for you, but if he can't sort out things like the indicator and locks what else hasn't he bothered with?

A little insight here last year my wife was adamant she wanted rid of her car which was pristine with low mileage because she wanted a micro camper she was obsessed with looking and I said no to everyone she found for a variety of reasons one big factor was the price, she found one about a year ago and I wasn't happy the day we went to look at it I told her not to buy it because some glaringly obvious stuff like basic maintenance on certain parts of the van hadn't been done like rust spots and things, fast forward around 10 months and we've spent almost 2k on it all wear and tear things that will never need doing again like bushes and lower arms timing belt etc. because if no record of that has been done then you have to do it, plus we had brakes and tyres to do ?

If you don't have the money to do potential repairs then you need to walk away and save up some more money for a better van, vans are been sold for far more than they are really worth but the prices are coming down and so are the number of chancers trying to sell their vans at over-inflated prices a good one will come along just be patient and a DIY system can very easily be installed on a budget.
If it wasn't for women then nothing would sell. I like dealing with female customers because men don't like to spend money on much bar cars, bikes and watches. ?

If it wasn't for women then nothing would sell. I like dealing with female customers because men don't like to spend money on much bar cars, bikes and watches. ?
My wife is the exception we got a relative to cut down a yew tree in our garden on Monday then I arranged for someone to come and quote yesterday to remove all the waste when my wife was told the price she told him to jog on and cut it up herself made a big log pile for wildlife and got most of small stuff in the garden bin,

But she is practically on first-name terms with the Amazon delivery guys, she told me she has saved me £140 and today I get in and she has bought a projector ?

My wife is the exception we got a relative to cut down a yew tree in our garden on Monday then I arranged for someone to come and quote yesterday to remove all the waste when my wife was told the price she told him to jog on and cut it up herself made a big log pile for wildlife and got most of small stuff in the garden bin,

But she is practically on first-name terms with the Amazon delivery guys, she told me she has saved me £140 and today I get in and she has bought a projector ?
As long as she doesn't enjoy looking at shoes. My mates wife needed a new wardrobe because not enough room for more shoes. ?

Why didn't he just send her out to the shoe shops without the means to pay then she could look at shoes all she wanted to for free
She had the Visa card and she told him the balance had 4 numbers and then he opened up the letter and it read 5 numbers. He asked for the visa card back and she asked for divorce because the game was up. Happy days.

Latest Posts

Back