Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice needed on hot water hose reel.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nathansmyth1991

Hi guys, fitting an lpg boiler to my van. I've heard with using hot water you need to do a few things to my hose reel like a different washer and cable tie inside of the reel. Anyone any advice please? 

Should be fine but some fittings might leak with hot water that don’t with cold , just put two clips on any hose joints instead of one and you should be fine 
I was told I need to put a leather washer inside the hose reel somewhere and then cable tie the inside spindles. Maybe just try it with out. Just wanted to ask before I started my DIY electric reel

lordy, don't know who you've been chatting to, with hot water the hose reel gets very warm if the whole hose isn't wound out/the hose will swell/expand and hold more water and when it is wound back up the whole inbalance will break the spiders in the middle of these hose reels-been there done that one.

unreel all the hose and push both metal sides together as far as they can go together then, drill each metal leg into the plastic and secure with a metal screw and carry on until the whole reel is secure.bubble wrap the inner tube to the hose so it retains heat and the leather washer was really to place on the outlet side of the boiler to create back pressure although most used a tap washer with a slightly larger inner diameter than standard oh, and your pump is upside down in the picture

lordy, don't know who you've been chatting to, with hot water the hose reel gets very warm if the whole hose isn't wound out/the hose will swell/expand and hold more water and when it is wound back up the whole inbalance will break the spiders in the middle of these hose reels-been there done that one.

unreel all the hose and push both metal sides together as far as they can go together then, drill each metal leg into the plastic and secure with a metal screw and carry on until the whole reel is secure.bubble wrap the inner tube to the hose so it retains heat and the leather washer was really to place on the outlet side of the boiler to create back pressure although most used a tap washer with a slightly larger inner diameter than standard oh, and your pump is upside down in the picture

Thanks bud, I'm near 100 percent you can use the pump both ways round as it was an experienced window cleaner that helped me fit it lol

When using hot water if you take all the hose off the reel let the pump get up to pressure with the pole disconnected then wind the hose in it will be at its maximum size and shouldn’t crush the reel , if using a cheap reel like the Gardineor ones it is possible to buckle them and do permanent damage to them but most good quality  are fine 

Hi guys, fitting an lpg boiler to my van. I've heard with using hot water you need to do a few things to my hose reel like a different washer and cable tie inside of the reel. Anyone any advice please? 
Hi am interested putting gas heater like you.Have you got an exhaust or is it just out the top nd open side door ?Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to have a hot water system in my van but

1) Wouldn't want to fork out big money for pro fit

2) Would be afraid I would c*ck something up trying to fit it myself.

Guess i'm not having hot water anytime soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Two men meet 1000 ft in the air,one going up other going down.the one comining down said to the one coming up,do tou know anything about parachuts?no replied the one coming up.Do you no anything about gas ovens?

Two men meet 1000 ft in the air,one going up other going down.the one comining down said to the one coming up,do tou know anything about parachuts?no replied the one coming up.Do you no anything about gas ovens?
I first heard that joke in school over fifty years ago. But, hey! It's still funny. ? 

Would love to have a hot water system in my van but

1) Wouldn't want to fork out big money for pro fit

2) Would be afraid I would c*ck something up trying to fit it myself.

Guess i'm not having hot water anytime soon
Camper vans normally carry gas for cooking,but they MUST have a sealed box like compartment in which to store the gas canister, with a good sized  hole drilled in the foor,so that any escaped gas will go down the hole to the outside,because gas is heavier than air.Its then safely dispersed into the atmosphere.

Camper vans normally carry gas for cooking,but they MUST have a sealed box like compartment in which to store the gas canister, with a good sized  hole drilled in the foor,so that any escaped gas will go down the hole to the outside,because gas is heavier than air.Its then safely dispersed into the atmosphere.
That's because people sleep in them.

Back