Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

advice on gutter vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don't think it's that simple i.e.just cutting a hole and fitting side entry, Sky Vac has a plate inside it I believe that blocks debris going where it shouldn't. My vac has a removable steel cylinder that blocks debris going in the motor.

I don't think it's that simple i.e.just cutting a hole and fitting side entry, Sky Vac has a plate inside it I believe that blocks debris going where it shouldn't. My vac has a removable steel cylinder that blocks debris going in the motor.
That makes sense. My current vac has a plate installed directly in front of the inlet so nothing touches the filter. It would appear that the Numatic CVD900 is the same as Grippa sell so with a side entry conversion it should be the same. I can't imagine it would be too difficult to fashion a plate to protect that side of the filter ?

My 135 degree bend on my top pole was blocking because its the hose type I think. I just bought Spinaclean's Rigid neck Accessory Kit for £234. I hope my carbon pole will fit into it. If not then I will have to wait till i buy the elite poles next month. Everything is quite expensive in this game, i'm beginning to notice but one can charge accordingly.

My 135 degree bend on my top pole was blocking because its the hose type I think. I just bought Spinaclean's Rigid neck Accessory Kit for £234. I hope my carbon pole will fit into it. If not then I will have to wait till i buy the elite poles next month. Everything is quite expensive in this game, i'm beginning to notice but one can charge accordingly.
I’ve got an adjustable swan neck on the end of my gutter vac. You will find reaching over first floor extensions or conservatories etc one angle will be a struggle. Long reaches need a less of a bend. Even down the side of houses with only 1 metre width you will need a sharper angle. 

Banging my head against a wall with this one, too much I don't understand.

I went back to look at the Elsea Tianus. From what I can see that is 3600w and which is above the 3000w maximum recommendation for a standard socket.

Went back to look at the sky vac industrial. Same problem, 3300w.

It would appear that either of these options will cost me a further £600 for a generator.

The Numatic one I linked to earlier;

https://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=3789

Is only 2000w but has twin motors. It might sound thick but I assume that doesn't mean 4kw, just 2kw.

Banging my head against a wall with this one, too much I don't understand.

I went back to look at the Elsea Tianus. From what I can see that is 3600w and which is above the 3000w maximum recommendation for a standard socket.

Went back to look at the sky vac industrial. Same problem, 3300w.

It would appear that either of these options will cost me a further £600 for a generator.

The Numatic one I linked to earlier;

https://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=3789

Is only 2000w but has twin motors. It might sound thick but I assume that doesn't mean 4kw, just 2kw.
You should be alright with a 3600w plugged in the cooker socket of a house. You will not be running all 3 motors all the time on all jobs. I’ve got a 3000w Maxblast. Never missed a beat in 6 years. 2000w (2kw) should be ok but it’s nice having the 3rd motor for the extra power on some jobs. Especially removing big weeds and the root balls from top of down pipes. 

You can run either the Elsea or SkyVac - 240v models of standard mains. You just stagger start up. I.e. turn on motor one ten seconds later motor two then ten later motor three.

If you started all three together you would have a problem.

You should be alright with a 3600w plugged in the cooker socket of a house. You will not be running all 3 motors all the time on all jobs. I’ve got a 3000w Maxblast. Never missed a beat in 6 years. 2000w (2kw) should be ok but it’s nice having the 3rd motor for the extra power on some jobs. Especially removing big weeds and the root balls from top of down pipes. 
Yeah but I can hardly go "Can you plug this into your cooker socket please" ?

You can run either the Elsea or SkyVac - 240v models of standard mains. You just stagger start up. I.e. turn on motor one ten seconds later motor two then ten later motor three.

If you started all three together you would have a problem.
Ok that is interesting... I assume a breaker plug would alleviate any issues with tripping the customers fuse box?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is very rare to trip their electrics. I just tell them don't hoover, turn on dryer, kettle while I am clearing the gutter.

Back