Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

advice on gutter vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think I was aiming high with the sky vac but realistically I don't need it. I only do a few gutters a month and even with an uplift it just wouldn't have paid for itself. I inadvertently came across Grippa's supplier during my search. They no longer sell them to the public as they can't modify them to side entry. They tried to send me to Grippa but at their prices I might as well buy a SkyVac

I did one this morning too. Stupid roof tiles were too close to the gutter and I couldn't get the nozzle in so had to do them by hand. I'll have to change my tools with the new vac too.
A flat extension nozzle comes in handy or hammer down an old round nozzle.

Hey, so...I'm looking for a gutter vac on budget, as I don't really do that many, But I have had to turn down jobs because I can't reach with the ladder so I am monthly losing money because of not having one. I was thinking of getting this one: https://kiamproducts.co.uk/vacuum-cleaner/wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner/kiam-gutter-vac-cleaning-system-kv80-3-3600w-with-gutter-pole-kit.html

If anyone has one with a side entry could you post a pic so I can try to DIY mine? 

I saw this one is recommended https://www.lunesdale-pumps.co.uk/wet-vacuum-cleaners/1241-soteco-issa-640-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-78-l-230v-issa640m.html but it comes with no poles...So with the poles that would be an extra 300-400 quid?

What would you guys do? ?

Hey, so...I'm looking for a gutter vac on budget, as I don't really do that many, But I have had to turn down jobs because I can't reach with the ladder so I am monthly losing money because of not having one. I was thinking of getting this one: https://kiamproducts.co.uk/vacuum-cleaner/wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner/kiam-gutter-vac-cleaning-system-kv80-3-3600w-with-gutter-pole-kit.html

If anyone has one with a side entry could you post a pic so I can try to DIY mine? 

I saw this one is recommended https://www.lunesdale-pumps.co.uk/wet-vacuum-cleaners/1241-soteco-issa-640-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-78-l-230v-issa640m.html but it comes with no poles...So with the poles that would be an extra 300-400 quid?

What would you guys do? ?
One of these? As long as you can cut steel and have a steady ish hand it's an easy job. Remove current entry, open the hole up slightly and bolt new side entry on. No point buying any poles with the the vac as it's a 38mm front entry, side entry is 51mm so they won't fit.

20200508_200113.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One of these? As long as you can cut steel and have a steady ish hand it's an easy job. Remove current entry, open the hole up slightly and bolt new side entry on. No point buying any poles with the the vac as it's a 38mm front entry, side entry is 51mm so they won't fit.

View attachment 20376
That's a neat job, I will copy that. A hacksaw would do the job you think??

Thanks for the picture!

A pal of mine used a cutting blade on a drill to do it, actually put the casting on upside down but makes no difference. As I said the poles supplied won't be any use with this as the side entry is a much wider entry. They aren't the most powerful vacs but mine has been very reliable. If you check @THL4KELposts regarding gutter vacs he is very informative.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you say you can't reach on your ladder are you talking about height, 3 storey buildings, or because they have conservatories that you can't reach over. If it's the latter then get some pro gutter tools and a Harris pole, you'll get 99% of 1st floor gutters with this equipment. 

A pal of mine used a cutting blade on a drill to do it, actually put the casting on upside down but makes no difference. As I said the poles supplied won't be any use with this as the side entry is a much wider entry. They aren't the most powerful vacs but mine has been very reliable. If you check @THL4KELposts regarding gutter vacs he is very informative.
What poles did you get to fit on the side entry?

There's a lot of old houses with extensions on top, no flat roof that you can't reach by hand or with the gutter extension hook ?

oh dear! Yeah if I spend more than 1000£ on a gutter vac my wife will castrate me.

so probably will go for the Kiam with the poles and if it gets stuck just have a bucket with water ? It'll take longer but it will get the job done in the end...

Back