Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New site notices/popups

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Which notification should we use on the site?

• Use the old ones that stay at the top of the forum

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Use the new ones that hover over content at the bottom right of the forum

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
I don't really like to call them popups as that term is usually used for those damn annoying pop up adverts on sites or some spam etc.

So anyway the new notices are pretty and quite handy but it seems that they are a cause of annoyance for some. Partially due to the fact they are new but also because people struggle to dismiss the notice on mobiles which is not helpful at all. So my question is now should we ditch the new ones and stick with the old ones that showed at the top of the sight. The old ones were less intrusive i guess although probably missed by many as they just scroll straight past them. They were also easier to close and less of a pain as they stayed at the top instead of hovering over content.

The new ones are great looking, get attention more which is the idea, generally a notice needs to be noticed or there is no real point to having a notice. Obviously they are a bit more of a pain as the go over content rather than above so on small devices like phones they can be a right problem especially as i can not figure out why the dismiss notice link wont show on mobiles.

So anyway waffling aside! Please help decide if we keep or get rid with the poll. I will only keep this open for today as i do not want to leave such an annoyance for users for to long so please make sure you vote.

Thanks users that have already given there feedback on them, this is great and helpful to me and the community. If you just sit quietly with these problems i can not address them or at least explain how things work.

Gavin

Might be best @Gav to go back to the old way until you can figure out/get the fix for the mobile device issues if it's a problem for members.

It's a shame really to revert back as I do like the new way notices are shown so hopefully you can get it sorted./emoticons/wink.png

We started with popups...

...then we got posts about the popups

...then we got popups about the popups

...then we got posts about the popups about the popups

...and now i've made a post about the popups, posts anbout the popups, and popups about the popups.

When all the talk of popups is over, can we go back to chatting about waving at windows?o_O

/emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

Back