Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another hot water thread

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi i brought a very expensive hot water system 2 years ago after a few weeks use i had come to the conclusion i had wasted my money as far as clean faster or doing a better job .I have been a window cleaner for over 30 years and apart from being a really expensive pair of gloves in the winter it had 0 effect as far as being faster or doing a better job .
the real cleaning benefit of using hot water IMO is actually the spring/summer months when the windows and frames can be covered in pollen,insect spots,bird muck,algae,etc....the water is over 60c at the brush head so it melts the dirt away quicker....its also great for really dirty first cleans and plastic cleans,etc

in winter the water is not as hot due to heat loss from the hose but it keeps my hoses warm and manageable and good flow at the brush head as well as stopping my system from freezing overnight with the frost stat feature.....

personally i love my hot water system and dont regret it one bit!had it over 3 years now(diesel heater)....i would hate to go back to cold water cleaning now....

Hi i brought a very expensive hot water system 2 years ago after a few weeks use i had come to the conclusion i had wasted my money as far as clean faster or doing a better job .I have been a window cleaner for over 30 years and apart from being a really expensive pair of gloves in the winter it had 0 effect as far as being faster or doing a better job .
What type of work do you do and ware in the country are you ?? Ime very surprised by what you have said I have spent over 20 k on hot systems for  my vans and it’s the best decision I have ever made , makes the working day so much easier speeds up very dirty difficult jobs , we use hot all year , what system do you have ? Are you sure it’s working right ??? I initially bought one hot system to try it out and within a few weeks could see the speed advantage , so bought two more we do a lot of costal very salty stuff ,large  commercial building and factory cleans , it’s a no brainier some jobs take less than half the time . 

Join the club, we only use it on sub zero days and on really bad first cleans. Got 10 jobs to do over 4 days, 7 of them are 3 monthly washes, one a 4 monthly, one a 6 monthly and the last is a bad fascia clean that is very green.

We will only use hot on the last job as it's not needed on any of the others.

The reasons I like heated water, in order.

1/ I like the way it makes the hose management easier, so quicker and less frustrating/tiring. We use it throughout the year.

2/ I think it's better for removing spider and bird stains.

3/ It adds an extra degree of status to the selling of our service. This is promoted on our adds, cards and signwriting.

Could I work without heated water?  Undoubtedly but unwillingly. For sure it has added to our efficiency and speed.

Would I pay thousands of pounds for a system that in my case would add unnecessary weight to the van and would add significant servicing costs and breakdown risks? No

Last edited by a moderator:
Back