Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another hot water thread

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We use hot all year round with the thermopure ones we turn the boiler off if the tank water is 60-80 degrees and just use the hot  tank water especially in summer , in winter it takes longer to get to that temperature. With the Grippatank one I turn the heat exchangers down in the summer or turn it off when tank water is 60-80 degrees.

As for optimum temperature on the glass anything over 60 degrees at the brush makes cleaning time much quicker , this however isn’t an exact science as the water will be a lot cooler if you have 130 meters of hose out in the ground , if using 20-30 meters it will obviously be a lot hotter, when you are used to it you get a feel for 60+ degrees water as bird muck , snail trails come off so much quicker , I rarely check the temperature to be honest but know when I  cannot hold the hose I know it’s over 70 degrees, when doing commercial building cleaning the hotter the water the better same with plastics . 
Cheers mate all appreciated thank you ?

Den, if you’re fitting a flange with no inner nut to tighten, what seals the flange to the tank?
For some reason it would let me upload photos to you? @Gavinkeep getting a message say NO photos ? Not sure why as I have recently uploaded a few photos lately. 

Den, if you’re fitting a flange with no inner nut to tighten, what seals the flange to the tank?
Because of the photo upload pr9blem at the moment will try to explain instead.

the Mechanical flange comes in two pieces and inner flange that as a slightly smaller thread you drill the hole at the bottom of your tank you then lower the inner flange down by string to the hole, the thread on the inner flange screw outwards of the tank the thread is longer than the thread of the immersion heater element so the thread will be popping out of the outside of the tank all this is done outside the tank by hand so no reaching inside (opposite way to Squeaky cleans video).

you then put the fibre washer on the thread outside of tank then screw the outer flange on once both flanges are either side of the you the screw then immersion heater into the outer flange, hope all this makes sense.

I didn't realise that my tank water would heat up if I switched on both reels and only used one of them. Tank tonight is nice and toasty again so i think i will be covering it with 50mm kingspan and then covering over again with 9mm plywood. It would make a nice flat surface for me to sit things on. I also bought a pair of memory foam insoles (£10) for my working boots which are good if you are on your feet all day. ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078J8FCXC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Because of the photo upload pr9blem at the moment will try to explain instead.

the Mechanical flange comes in two pieces and inner flange that as a slightly smaller thread you drill the hole at the bottom of your tank you then lower the inner flange down by string to the hole, the thread on the inner flange screw outwards of the tank the thread is longer than the thread of the immersion heater element so the thread will be popping out of the outside of the tank all this is done outside the tank by hand so no reaching inside (opposite way to Squeaky cleans video).

you then put the fibre washer on the thread outside of tank then screw the outer flange on once both flanges are either side of the you the screw then immersion heater into the outer flange, hope all this makes sense.
On an upright tank, lowering the flange by string and trying to line it up with the hole sounds tricky.

(And pervy ?)

You are ideally going to want to be able grip internal part of the mechanical flange, otherwise you might have a hard time getting it tight. It’s supposed to have little teeth that bite into the plastic and hold it but they weren’t much use on the ones I’ve bought. 

On an upright tank, lowering the flange by string and trying to line it up with the hole sounds tricky.

(And pervy ?)
Can use wire from bottom to top if you want too then lower the flange I have seen a photo of the mechanical flange under a baffle on a upringht tank ?

my tank lid is on the right hand side I will probably have my immersion installed on the bottom left side passed the baffle can’t see it be a biggie tbh ?my tank is a weird shape as it as enclosed pump controller one side and a funny shape the other side for DI vessel. 

You are ideally going to want to be able grip internal part of the mechanical flange, otherwise you might have a hard time getting it tight. It’s supposed to have little teeth that bite into the plastic and hold it but they weren’t much use on the ones I’ve bought. 
Couple of the lads said that they managed to turn the inner flange by hand then the outer flange pulled it tight? That was the impression I got.

I am surprised you're not planning on fitting it below the lid so you can get at it easier. I guess you have a reason. I don't know if it might be possible to fabricate something with a long handle to get it in place and hold it while you get the thread started. I suppose if your tank is an odd shape that's probably the reason. I'm still struggling to get my head round it to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised you're not planning on fitting it below the lid so you can get at it easier. I guess you have a reason. I don't know if it might be possible to fabricate something with a long handle to get it in place and hold it while you get the thread started. I suppose if your tank is an odd shape that's probably the reason. I'm still struggling to get my head round it to be honest.
The opposite side to the lid is where the largest volume of water is ? where the lid is there is a large cutaway where youcan have a DI vessel would take some photo and post I think a small aquarium pump air stone would probably help this obstacle TBH as it would flow the water from one side to the other ?

Latest Posts

Back