Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anybody else hate the summer?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yep I'm fed up of the heat for work. I live near the beach so evenings and weekends it's great but I'm bored of coming in shattered and sweaty. I did 7.30-6.30 yesterday including a big solar panel clean that involved an hour on a flat roof to reach the panels the temp was 29 in the van but must have been over 30 on that roof I would love some cooler weather! I actually really like the winter especially run up to xmas where by 3 in the afternoon it's already starting to get darker 

If only we could have summer daylight hours in winter. Watch us all in 6 months... “ im sick of tripping over while %#^**€~!€ around in the dark” 

Yep I'm fed up of the heat for work. I live near the beach so evenings and weekends it's great but I'm bored of coming in shattered and sweaty. I did 7.30-6.30 yesterday including a big solar panel clean that involved an hour on a flat roof to reach the panels the temp was 29 in the van but must have been over 30 on that roof I would love some cooler weather! I actually really like the winter especially run up to xmas where by 3 in the afternoon it's already starting to get darker 

I was nearly collapsing in a big conny last week, on the top of a step ladder. Also those temperatures the weather forecast give are for in the shade, stick a thermometer in the sun and watch it rocket. ive never been one to go and lay in the mid day sun and baste myself. Love it in the summer eve tho, with a beer and a long sunset.

Which don't really make sense does it - why give temperatures for the shade when if you're out in the middle of nowhere with no shade you're going to be getting a lot hotter than advised... Seems daft. 

Yes I hate working In the summer

It's too hot, makes the day harder and more exhausting and when you get home there no energy left 

Bloody hayfever makes it twice a as bad, itching and sweating and feeling like you have the flu

The glass is usually harder to clean, full of webs and insect and bird poo. It also takes more rinsing to avoid spotting.

On top of that you just want to be somewhere else, sat in a beer garden, off fishing, riding a bike, playing golf, going to the seaside or whatever you like to do.

Which don't really make sense does it - why give temperatures for the shade when if you're out in the middle of nowhere with no shade you're going to be getting a lot hotter than advised... Seems daft. 
Thats correct the forecasts arent that accurate when it comes to high temperatures, my digital garden thermometer says 27 and the forecasted max for Cardiff is 22. We are 5 degrees over. The thermometer is shaded by a fence and not affected by direct sunlight, i know not to have it facing east or west because the sun rises in the east and sets in the west so it should face north or south 

Last edited by a moderator:
Straw trilby for me I need a new one now as mine is shot to pieces but still wearing it lol.

I was a little worried as for the last 2/3 weeks I have been knackered and I was blaming old age lol Must be the heat then! I don't mind this sort of weather but of course I would prefer it cooler. The main thing I like is the volume of work coming in! Anywhere up to 10 new jobs a day, I will take that any time of the year!

I was a little worried as for the last 2/3 weeks I have been knackered and I was blaming old age lol Must be the heat then! I don't mind this sort of weather but of course I would prefer it cooler. The main thing I like is the volume of work coming in! Anywhere up to 10 new jobs a day, I will take that any time of the year!
It's old age, been there got the t shirt ?

Back