Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone going abroad on holiday

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The Government's yellow card reporting scheme currently shows 800000 severe adverse reactions to the vaccines and approaching 2000 deaths. As a healthy adult that's already had the virus I'll be giving it a miss.
I'm sorry but where did you find these numbers? It seems extreme and I can't find anything even near those numbers anywhere online

Lol yes probably does for you ???
Got Wales booked! Now I just hope non of the customers notice when I turn up early this month. ?

I'm sorry but where did you find these numbers? It seems extreme and I can't find anything even near those numbers anywhere online
It's on the government website. Yellow card reporting scheme. It's very difficult to decipher, almost like they don't want you knowing the raw data. If you watch some of the latest episodes of UK Column news they have an idiot's guide on how to navigate the government website, which tabs to click on etc, it's all there, not a very accessible, used friendly site though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's on the government website. Yellow card reporting scheme. It's very difficult to decipher, almost like they don't want you knowing the raw data. If you watch some of the latest episodes of UK Column news they have an idiot's guide on how to navigate the government website, which tabs to click on etc, it's all there, not a very accessible, used friendly site though.
Found it!

TL:DR Numbers are big and scary! Reality is a lot more boring. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

First result when I googled ‘yellow card’. 

First of all, 800000 is the number of total reactions reported, not number of people. So if you had a sore arm & a headache, these are counted as two reactions even though it’s only one person. They have received around 240,000 reports from folk who have had the vaccine and then taken unwell. But this does not mean it is linked (you can report up to 28 days later). From their own website:

A report of a suspected ADR to the Yellow Card scheme does not necessarily mean that it was caused by the vaccine, only that the reporter has a suspicion it may have. Underlying or previously undiagnosed illness unrelated to vaccination can also be factors in such reports. The relative number and nature of reports should therefore not be used to compare the safety of the different vaccines. All reports are kept under continual review in order to identify possible new risks.

63m vaccines in this country (folk who have had two doses are counted twice in that number). Now, it’s very late/early. So my maths may be wrong, but that is 0.3% reactions reported from all the doses given. And remember, the ‘reaction’ can be something completely unrelated or even a small thing like a sore arm:

For all vaccines, detailed review of all reports has found that the overwhelming majority relate to injection site reactions (sore arm for example) and generalised symptoms such as a ‘flu-like’ illness, headache, chills, fatigue (tiredness), nausea (feeling sick), fever, dizziness, weakness, aching muscles, and rapid heartbeat. Generally, these happen shortly after the vaccination and are not associated with more serious or lasting illness. These types of reaction reflect the acute immune response triggered by the body to the vaccines, are typically seen with most types of vaccine and tend to resolve within a day or two. 

Now, their has been some major side effects. We all know about the blood clots. We also know they are rare. How rare? 332 reports & 58 fatal reports. 39m have had a vaccine in this country!

To be balanced, though, overall they’re has been a reported around 1,200 deaths of folk after they had the vaccine. However, this does not mean they are linked. Unfortunately, people die. With so many folk having the vaccine, some folk will have it and then die:

Part of our continuous analysis includes an evaluation of natural death rates over time, to determine if any specific trends or patterns are occurring that might indicate a vaccine safety concern. Based on age-stratified all-cause mortality in England and Wales taken from the Office for National Statistics death registrations, several thousand deaths are expected to have occurred, naturally, within 7 days of the many millions of doses of vaccines administered so far, mostly in the elderly.

The MHRA has received 382 UK reports of suspected ADRs to the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in which the patient died shortly after vaccination, 806 reports for the COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca, 4 for the COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna and 21 where the brand of vaccine was unspecified. The majority of these reports were in elderly people or people with underlying illness. Usage of the COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca has increased rapidly and as such, so has reporting of fatal events with a temporal association with vaccination however, this does not indicate a link between vaccination and the fatalities reported. Review of individual reports and patterns of reporting does not suggest the vaccine played a role in the death.

I’m sorry to have went on this long, but you posted slanted information presented in a way to scare & cause alarm. This information wasn’t hard to find and it wasn’t hard to decipher. I looked at that website you mentioned. From the articles I read (the most recent ones), they never link to the government report they claim to be getting their numbers from. This is particularly concerning, as in their own about section they claim:

So we ask you not to trust us. Instead, view everything published here with a critical eye. Where possible, primary source material is made available for everything we publish: check it; make up your own mind.

https://www.ukcolumn.org/about-uk-column

Makes you wonder. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
kiss goodbye to  holidays  abroad in the not too distant future then mate.......oh well you can always spend 2 weeks in bognor regis........rather you than me......

if it was me injecting people with the vaccine id pin you to the floor by force before you had chance to run away....?
So the only reason you are having the jab is so you can have your yearly fix in Greece. Well you have been well and truly duped .   Remember the headlines in February “ no jab no pub “ . Well I haven’t had the vaccine . And guess what I haven’t been turned away from one single pub or restaurant. Just had to put the usual false name and number in that pointless form they give you . The same will happen when travelling abroad . 

So we ask you not to trust us. Instead, view everything published here with a critical eye. Where possible, primary source material is made available for everything we publish: check it; make up your own mind.
That's very honest journalism, shame we don't see the same in the mainstream outlets, don't necessarily believe everything thing we say or print, check out the source material for yourself and decide where the truth lies.

Thank you for your detailed reply, could you also check the veracity of my statement that these treatments are experimental and only authorised for emergency use and medium to long term harms are as yet unknown?

Do you seriously believe that sore arms would make it to the Yellow card reporting scheme? Work colleague lost his eyesight for a couple of hours after injection and that didn't make it. Previous reports have indicated that adverse effects are under reported by a factor of 10.

Where is the news coverage of another million people rallying in London yesterday? News blackout for anything that questions the government diktats.

Deadly global pandemic has resulted in a world population of an additional 80 million person annual increase. I worked in the funeral business, no change, no round the clock burials, no crematoriums burning 24 hours per day. "That's because we locked down and wore masks", sorry don't buy that for a second.

That's very honest journalism, shame we don't see the same in the mainstream outlets, don't necessarily believe everything thing we say or print, check out the source material for yourself and decide where the truth lies.
Mate you evidently didn’t read my reply. They claim to present facts and link to source material, but didn’t in their actual reports. All well and good claiming to be a decent news outlet but then they didn’t do the things they promised to. I don’t believe everything the mainstream media says but any decent reporting will link to their source. 

As for the rest of it, no. I will not research it. It’s not my job to. My reply showed that with a little bit of research I disproved you’re so called ‘news source’. You’ve ignored all of that though & presented a new load of information, again without any links or mentions of where the information came from.

Me and 7 mates have booked a villa and paid for flights to Tenerife in October.

Im so up for it, but I’m snot holding my breath. Could easily be another variant etc. Or If there’s any quarantine laws I said I won’t be going. 

Back