Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone had to replace one shot fob?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Mine stopped working ( not bad as had been going 4 years) I just thought I'd try change the battery, fiddly as it was, and worked fine. Battery only lasted a few months though. The one in it originally was a sony, and i replaced with one of the cheapies you can get for say 4 for a quid. id expect the sony to last maybe 5 times longer, duracell kind of thing, but 25 x longer! heck of a difference. Anyone else had this or know where you can buy the sony battery? 

cheers

Cheapy batteries are cheap for a reason - the lack of chemicals that make voltage!!! The other danger is some of the cheapy batteries will leak when they go flat and this can destroy the internals of what ever they are fitted to!!

Get some genuine duracells. They will probably be less than £5 for a couple and if they last 4 years then it's a very small cost per year.

Cheapy batteries are cheap for a reason - the lack of chemicals that make voltage!!! The other danger is some of the cheapy batteries will leak when they go flat and this can destroy the internals of what ever they are fitted to!!

Get some genuine duracells. They will probably be less than £5 for a couple and if they last 4 years then it's a very small cost per year.
No these are those little round disc type batteries, will shop around to see if i can find sony but not sure where. its why i wondered if anyone else had replaced theirs. Many may just get a new fob but I thought if its just the battery then no point.

No these are those little round disc type batteries, will shop around to see if i can find sony but not sure where. its why i wondered if anyone else had replaced theirs. Many may just get a new fob but I thought if its just the battery then no point.
Ive found on ebay, they are only couple of quid, will see how long current one lasts then get a sony but it may not be the battery totally, could just be one of those things.

Mine stopped working ( not bad as had been going 4 years) I just thought I'd try change the battery, fiddly as it was, and worked fine. Battery only lasted a few months though. The one in it originally was a sony, and i replaced with one of the cheapies you can get for say 4 for a quid. id expect the sony to last maybe 5 times longer, duracell kind of thing, but 25 x longer! heck of a difference. Anyone else had this or know where you can buy the sony battery? 

cheers
Don't use cheap batteries if they are CR2032 / 25's use Panasonic or Sony. Stay away from GP ultra and all the lesser known brands 

Have you looked on amazon, type the battery number in and they appear 

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Out of interest what battery is it? I have a one shot but only had it about 6 months and is working fine, however would be good to keep a spare in the van

Out of interest what battery is it? I have a one shot but only had it about 6 months and is working fine, however would be good to keep a spare in the van
I can confirm from calling Jamie at Spring that it's a cr2032 coin cell 

Changed mine just over 18 months ago with a Duracell, still working fine.

Although I use the univalve when collapsing my poles to do downstairs etc, and one shot when moving the van and chit chats ???‍?

Back