Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone kitted out a car with diy wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Best get yourself a cheapncheerful van then and take out the passenger seat/s.

Problem solved /emoticons/biggrin.png

hey i dont want to be dads taxi anymore so sod her...:whistle:

Best get yourself a cheapncheerful van then and take out the passenger seat/s.Problem solved /emoticons/biggrin.png
Is that one that when you stop the doors fall off and the clowns jump out?:rofl:

I'm still wary about wfp

Done it trad all my life

Seems like lots of aggro when I can just put ladders on motor and off I go

But it does appeal to me for conny roofs

Funny enough I did only one job yesterday which just happened to be a conservatory roof with self cleaning glass and got a good days wack for my troubles.

Wfp is a no brainer if you ask me :rolleyes:

Mind you I did use about 300 ltrs of pure on that one but the customer was over the moon. I thinks the chaps words were "it's sparkeling clean" so everyone was happy./emoticons/smile.png

Not yet but once I have a few more custys I will

Getting there now..handing in my notice next week so will be a full time windie again in a month..woohoo

Worst thing I ever done was stop doing it 8 years ago

This type of work is not everyone's cup of tea so to speak but if you can make it work then it beats working for somebody else. Without using a wfp system I would be restricted to what type of work I could take on for sure.

Im fortunate where i work for myself and i want to do the window cleaning to get me out the office and exercising and i love working with the public, means in the morning's i can do my orders and 11ish onwards i can go clean, then in may the wife finishes her third year of uni and she wants to take over this business we have now so i will have even more time /emoticons/smile.png I'm itching to get customers no but limited like you say without the wps and no ladders at the moment.

I have done friends and families windows and all were very happy with the quality of work so I'm heading in the right direction.

Finding this forum has been a god send tho your all helpful, friendly and have the knowledge.

Daveboy1 when you we're a win die before did you use wfp or just pure trad?

I've been trad since I started in 1991

wfp seems good to me to do the awkward ones but as the wise old smurfy says it will probably wean me away from trad altogether

it may well do dave....i not so sure about 22litres on your back....its very heavy....but you do look strong:D

but....you do have to be careful with it.....its a defo skill ....

I've been trad since I started in 1991wfp seems good to me to do the awkward ones but as the wise old smurfy says it will probably wean me away from trad altogether
Going WFP was the best thing ever. It takes some getting used to though. My first pole was a 30' Unger fibre glass and I used it for all my work, frig me it was heavy. Then I discovered Gardiners SLX poles :thumbsup:. I still do one or two jobs trad, but going up and down a ladder all day, no thanks! Plus think of the extras you can advertise, conny roofs, S/F/G's, three storey work off the ground etc.

I work out of a Zafira at the moment and use a WCW bigboy backpack for all my WFP stuff. Only been at it a few months but after once having a company transit van with a full set up in the back I'm already sick of lugging barrels around even though I still do about half my work trad and my round isn't that big! I got it as I thought I would get more work with it which is true for conny roofs etc.. but I'v picked up a lot of work based on the fact I can trad insides and a lot around my way can't or won't do it. I wish I'd waited to be honest and got a decent van set up to start with but I had a limited budget and wanted everything at once!

Not yet but once I have a few more custys I willGetting there now..handing in my notice next week so will be a full time windie again in a month..woohoo

Worst thing I ever done was stop doing it 8 years ago
why did you stop?

If I was starting up again I would buy the new Gardiners backpack(22ltr) a collapsible trolley to put it on and 25ft slx, the clx is cheaper, but if you could, get the slx. if your in a hard water area, then you wil need the ro system, which I know nothing about, I use the di system. I have a trolley system(25ltr barrels) from daqua, but does cost a lot more, components are better seemingly. The trolley is quite heavy to lift and out of car, without the barrel. It is a pest having to get another barrel, when the water runs out, but even when you get annoyed with that, its safer and less effort than going up and down ladders, in my opinion, sometimes tho I feel like its a pest and ladders would be quicker. I only do tops with wfp and trad bottoms, I think its a good compromise and lets custys get used to the system, this also means you dont need as much water, I use about 100 litres a day. I have been looking at vans, but thats another expense, I have a vauxhall astra estate full of kit. someone said to me, that I could convert it into a van and inform dvla, that its a change of use- van, need to look into this, as may get a tank. If you get a trolley system http://www.daqua.co.uk/water_fed_pole_systems.htm, then it has all the components for turning into a van system, just need a tank.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Gardiner-Pure-Water-Backpack-V3.html £85 plus vat £102approx

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/SLX-II-Carbon-Pole--SLX_25.html

My trolley, pole, di system, tulsion, tds meter came to about £800 from Daqua

All the best:thumbsup:

Note of caution- Im still in my first year of windy cleaning, so dont take my advice as sensible:oops:

why did you stop?
When I moved out of London as I didn't want my son growing up in the hood where I did I sold my round and had other plans (lesson learnt don't ever go into business with a partner..even a mate as it doesn't work out)

Started up on the glass again bit subbed all my work off a big boy round here covering his staffs holidays, sickness etc and was taking £200 of work off him a day and paying him 20% so had around £160 a day without the grief of running it.

He told me one friday that he had sold it and was retiring so no more work...had to pay the bills so took a paye job..worst mistake. .should have just got out there banging on doors...lesson learnt and will be a windy for the rest of my days as I have only ever been happy in work when I've been on the glass.

Sorry for the essay boar

I've seen a few astra vans about with diy wfp set up in the back and ladders on the roof but not yet a car.
after changing few vans since I started my window cleaning business - I consider that the best van for a window cleaner is an Astra van , especially if you work on your own and you do window cleaning ONLY .

Astra van has a great payload up to 650 kg , economic , easy to drive and park , cheap to insure , easy to put on and off your ladders etc

Back