Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone use guttercleaningsystems.co.uk vacs?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Couldn't find anything similar elsewhere and as I have about £15k's worth of Gutters to do over the next 4 or 5 months, and some hoppers with plants in that the gutter vac can't reach, took a chance. 
It hasn't caused me any problems as I ordered it well in advance of when I needed it. Just put my two penneth in and to warn others. My advice would be to order well in advance where possible, and chase them up with threats when necessary. 
How do you manage to get so many gutter jobs in advance?

I don't get it, lots of bad feedback on this company and you guys keep buying from them and then complain when they don't deliver???? 
Well I waited and waited, rang him, sent him a text no reply, so I sent him an email saying send it or give me my money back. I got a reply to this, full of apologies saying order had been misplaced and that they would send one to me urgently and that I would get it in the next 2 to 3 days. After a week of waiting sent him an email saying if the money wasn't returned by this Friday I would take him to Small Claims, got the refund notification yesterday.

What I don't understand is why sell stuff, or try to, at decent margins and then not deliver. If I see any other person asking about them I will let them know how they dealt with me. Unfortunately idiots like these probably find it funny.

Well I waited and waited, rang him, sent him a text no reply, so I sent him an email saying send it or give me my money back. I got a reply to this, full of apologies saying order had been misplaced and that they would send one to me urgently and that I would get it in the next 2 to 3 days. After a week of waiting sent him an email saying if the money wasn't returned by this Friday I would take him to Small Claims, got the refund notification yesterday.

What I don't understand is why sell stuff, or try to, at decent margins and then not deliver. If I see any other person asking about them I will let them know how they dealt with me. Unfortunately idiots like these probably find it funny.

This guy is a joke, his standard reply when he fails to deliver is that the order was misplaced.

I sent him a lengthy email asking why he thought it was ok to ignore my requests for instructions when they clearly should come without the need to ask. I told him his attitude was extremely short sighted in the days of forums and social media, where people generally talk about bad experiences. Guess what? No answer.

As I’ve said already, good system with a few gentle mods and a reasonable price but that can’t make up for what an awful business man he is. My advice is to avoid like the plague, it’s simply not worth it.

In four years i think theres only 3 or 4 jobs that our vac has failed on, ours is a 1600w skyvac. Only thing i have a slight grumble about is that you really have to work to remove some turfs due to lower suction, but with the aid of ladders/drain rods and attachments (pooling all our tools together) we get by just fine. The real beauty of it is the weight. 3kg or something stupid, can pick it up with one hand, so easy to transport and maneuver around small or cluttered properties. Most 3000 watt vacs that I’ve looked at are nearly 40kgs?! Which is the weight of a lawn mower really....

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

In four years i think theres only 3 or 4 jobs that our vac has failed on, ours is a 1600w skyvac. Only thing i have a slight grumble about is that you really have to work to remove some turfs due to lower suction, but with the aid of ladders/drain rods and attachments (pooling all our tools together) we get by just fine. The real beauty of it is the weight. 3kg or something stupid, can pick it up with one hand, so easy to transport and maneuver around small or cluttered properties. Most 3000 watt vacs that I’ve looked at are nearly 40kgs?! Which is the weight of a lawn mower really....

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

My vac is around 30kg which as a whole, I agree is heavy, however, I never lift it as a whole. I unclip the top motor unit, take that out and then lift the canister and base unit out, the motor unit weighs a bit more than the canister but you effectively half the weight you have to lift, which for me is no problem.

The wheels on mine though are abysmal, I had a job with a gravel driveway last week and they wheels just dug in the gravel and refused to move, I now have a few bits on the way from eBay to convert to pneumatic wheels.

I see they are doing a karcher guttervac, wonder how much it would be separate from the poles,as got them.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Its available for just over £500 elsewhere, I looked at that option before buying the cheaper kit, but I couldn’t find out anywhere what size the inlet was.

To be honest the maxblast vac that came with my kit is very good, other than the wheels, but I guess it wasn’t designed to be dragged across gravel driveways. Saying that the karcher wheels don’t look much better.

Maxblast vac is £200ish.

I bought from this company, the product is ok but if you need customer service - forget it!!  There is more chance of getting a message answered that you've popped in a bottle and tossed in the sea than getting an email or phone call responded to.  I cant imagine running a business so devoid of customer engagement, in fact its a miracle they have a business.  Perhaps they dont really exist which is why they dont answer the phone...who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought from this company, the product is ok but if you need customer service - forget it!!  There is more chance of getting a message answered that you've popped in a bottle and tossed in the sea than getting an email or phone call responded to.  I cant imagine running a business so devoid of customer engagement, in fact its a miracle they have a business.  Perhaps they dont really exist which is why they dont answer the phone...who knows.
Well if the small element of people on here who enquire about this company, read the dreadful feedback on this place & avoid buying from them.. it would go a little way towards sealing their fate.

they do not deserve anyone’s custom when they treat potential customers like ****, so to the next person who enquiries about this company, sit up & take notice...guttercleaningsystems are a waste of space, do NOT order from them, you will get frustrated & pull all your hair out in anticipation to any communication with these clowns!

And yes...been there done that.

I have the 3000 watt machine and can't fault it, I've picked up turf and everything and I am very happy with the equipment. From what I can gather I think they not only sell the equipment but go out and do the job aswell so I think that's why sometimes responses are a problem, which like you say isn't great, but honestly if you persevere the gear is worth it for the money. My old man ordered mine at same time as his and he rung them up and got a discount for ordering 2 and he said they were good to talk to on the phone.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Hi mate, please can you post a picture of your gutter vac? 

I want to see what the hose connection  point looks like and also what inside the drum and vac head is like. 

I found a supplier who sell the same 3000watt machine as gutter cleaning systems but the hose connection point is only 38mm in diameter. 

On another forum nick who is from gutter cleaning systems says he modifies the vac for gutter cleaning. 

I can't get any answer when trying to contact him so I won't buy from him now. If you can show what yours looks lire it will help. 

Thanks 

Well if the small element of people on here who enquire about this company, read the dreadful feedback on this place & avoid buying from them.. it would go a little way towards sealing their fate.

they do not deserve anyone’s custom when they treat potential customers like ****, so to the next person who enquiries about this company, sit up & take notice...guttercleaningsystems are a waste of space, do NOT order from them, you will get frustrated & pull all your hair out in anticipation to any communication with these clowns!

And yes...been there done that.
He pops up on Facebook every now and again bigging up his price and systems. I just reply how good is any of your words when you don't actually honour your sales contracts. 

I phoned him wanting a small mains powered vac the 1800 watt one he does beacause I only wanted the vac not a complete system he told me to go and buy the vac from b&q and modify it myself which is what I did and saved a lot of money ?????? bit silly really as I would have happily bought it off him but he wasnt intrested  in selling me one , funny buisness model but there you go 

Back