Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone used Ionics?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All these crash tests are likely rigged to look good . A few years ago i had a bad fall when using rubber laddermats [slid out on me ] i alerted the maker to the fail of his design and initially he tried to buy my silence [under 30 quid ]then produced literature that proved his design was tested independantly to be safe.Even a novice could see these were trumped up tests . I alert anyone i see online talking about rubbermat yet he still sells rubber safety products including replacement rubber ladder feet now theyre lethal who knows how many have died ???

What's your definition of diy system?
In this context a system install by oneself (ratchet straps) or even by a professional who doesn’t tend to deal with these sorts of things. A number of folk go to mechanics, coach builders etc and get a tank made and installed. That’s a lot better than straps, but as I mentioned further down, the forces involved means an improperly designed or installed tank frame can easily give way.

All these crash tests are likely rigged to look good . A few years ago i had a bad fall when using rubber laddermats [slid out on me ] i alerted the maker to the fail of his design and initially he tried to buy my silence [under 30 quid ]then produced literature that proved his design was tested independantly to be safe.Even a novice could see these were trumped up tests . I alert anyone i see online talking about rubbermat yet he still sells rubber safety products including replacement rubber ladder feet now theyre lethal who knows how many have died ???
Crash testing of system is totally independent and done by thatcham there is no way that it’s rigged

Crash testing of system is totally independent and done by thatcham there is no way that it’s rigged

.When you are the ones paying for the test its open for the results to be bent.I forget now the name of the independant safety test firm that tested Laddermat but they were obviously fudging the tests . Iv not looked into van/water tank crash testing but if it was truly independant it would be at least at 50mph and why not 70? if it is only 30mph ask yourself why so slow? thats the slowest that could be "got away with"

Years back there used to be BS british Standard for a lot of stuff,proper testing no longer sadly

Years back there used to be BS british Standard for a lot of stuff,proper testing no longer sadly

Back in my South African days all imported Bosch Power Tools had to be tested by the SABS (South African Bureau of Standards).
A certificate of compliance was then issued. It was only then that we were allowed to sell them.
In the early 1980's we took the new model into the SABS in Pretoria and they tested it; for radio interference. The tools were especially prepared samples that were sent across from Germany before the main shipment; there was no way they would fail. The carbon brushes were well bedded in, and the brushes received a light coating of 'oil' to ensure that the tool passed the test. That test was expense and if a power tool failed, then a retest cost as much again.
Obviously, every power tool that was then sold on the market didn't receive the same stringent care in production the test sample did.

In the years preceding them getting test samples, they needed a random test sample from our arriving stock. This was inconvenient. What happens if a tool fails, and we have a whole consignment of product we can't sell in our stores in Johannesburg?

Then in the early 1990's, I was invited into a meeting at the Bureau. They suggested that I didn't have to provide a test sample any longer. I needed to supply a copy of the German test certificate, and they would issue a certificate of compliance on the back of that. It wouldn't cost as much, either.

Now here's my point; When a manufacturer says they sell a crash tested system, all it means that the design and manufacturer of the system provided a test sample and that sample was crash tested and passed the test. I would doubt this was a random sample tank and frame taken from stock. This would have been an especially manufactured frame, welded by the best welder in the shop at the time.

The Stainless Steel tank frame PureFreedom sell today is slightly different in design to the one of a few years back. A local window cleaner in our area still has an old designed one. Has PureFreedom done a crash test on the latest frame design? I don't know. But I would ask that question if I was in the market for a new tank. What does "we sell crash tested" systems actually mean?

The saying goes that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. We all know that even the best welders can have a bad day. Could this equate to a couple of not so good welds which could compromise the integrity of the frame? It's a possibility.

I recall a forum member complaining that Ionics wouldn't fit a tank in a customer's van exactly where the customer wanted it. They said that putting it where he wanted, meant there was no proper securing points for them to secure the tank to underneath, so they wouldn't do it. I gave them a thumbs up for that. At the time, I did ask myself how many less experience fitters would have done the job and just used spreader plates. Many years ago, one of Brodex's dealers fitted a flat tank into a Vauxhall Combo and secured the frame with large self-tapping screws. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Brodex could also have advertised that they sell crash tested systems and that their dealers have been properly trained.

I should add: the safety aspect of a crash tested system could be reduced when it is fitted to an old rusty van, a Ford Transit, for example. The van may very well not be classed as an MOT failure, but knowing how they rust, could deteriorate to soon be.

Driving down on a Sunday so I can start work at 8am this morning. Driving down with my son so makes Fathers Day a father and son day
Some travelling there for work part timer,what age is hour son,does he enjoy the windows?
I'm trying to get my son out this summer for the craic,hes only 14 lol get him trained up early

He's 38 😁, he enjoys the money most
If not already, it won't be long when everything you do will be wrong. My son continually points out my driving and work failures.
Honestly, I don't know how I've managed to survive this long.
He thinks differently to the way I do. I tell him he will never understand a right handed person because he is left handed. 😂

Latest Posts

Back