Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Apparently....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm wondering now if its going to be a brand new wagtail :rolleyes:
now thatd be amazing but as i really like the wagtail inventor and his personality[ especially that vid where he greeted a guy with "what you doing here you old coont, not sure whether to punch u or hug you "] i want this new invention to not be a copy of the wagtail

I was speaking to him as have him on messenger due to commenting on his vids

It is just an improved version of his modded channel

Bearing in mind he was doing it like me with a saw/grinder and a pair of pliers and each one works slightly different so needs to be played around with to get it to work properly

having them machine tooled gives an exact copy of the best working version

Dunno about a handle though

I use the same handles as him (ettore pro plus) and if they made a wagtail version of that handle I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I was speaking to him as have him on messenger due to commenting on his vidsIt is just an improved version of his modded channel

Bearing in mind he was doing it like me with a saw/grinder and a pair of pliers and each one works slightly different so needs to be played around with to get it to work properly

having them machine tooled gives an exact copy of the best working version

Dunno about a handle though

He says he don't like the release clip on them as they break easily when dropped on it

I think they are useful

He says he don't like the release clip on them as they break easily when dropped on itI think they are useful
I've dropped mine from height so many times and the only thing I've had to do is tighten up the nylon nuts underneith, but I suppose if it land directly on it then it could be a weak spot. The unger is a better design in that respect IMO and it also seems less intrusive.

They are all a 100 times better than the old brass handles i grew up on

Useless bit of black rubber wrapped round to keep hand warm and have to get screwdriver and pliers out to change rubber and soft horrible brass channels

Think how things have changed

I bet when smurf started it was a wet rag dry rag job

Squeegees hadn't been invented

Come to think of it neither had cars..lol

Thought you'd been doing it a while
Because I'm already bitter and jaded? /emoticons/biggrin.png To be honest mate I picked it up quite quickly as most of the stuff carries over from the handyman work I do- accounting, dealing with customers, advertising, etc. I love the window cleaning because its virtually zero stress compared to being a handyman. But I like the handyman work as the pay is in big lump instead of coming in in dribs and drabs.

I dont have the equipment to make the dog ear channel. I pretty **** at all that stuff to. Is there no one whom make them on the side at all, willing to pay. I am shocked no one has started making a better channel and rubber set up yet. Being new to it all, its very suprising reading all about it. I find the unger channel and rubber I have it alwasy seems to leave a line along side a bit and difts up the rubber seal a lot, the rubber seems weak at end. What is a ball park figure for those new ones to hit streets then?

The trick is not to wet the frames with the mop so leave a very narrow gap all around the glass.

I tend to wet the frames deliberately and then wipe off with sill/frame cloth so i can leave spotless frames and then squeegee glass

It seems to work for me and means you can scrub the frame without accidentally getting the glass

How times have changed as window cleaners just use to clean glass as that was all they got paid to do:D

I tend to wet the frames deliberately and then wipe off with sill/frame cloth so i can leave spotless frames and then squeegee glassIt seems to work for me and means you can scrub the frame without accidentally getting the glass
Me too.

How times have changed as window cleaners just use to clean glass as that was all they got paid to do:D
I couldn't imagine leaving the windows nice and clean and then leaving the frames looking shite.

Back