Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are there any members from N.Ireland on here.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So I contacted sure clean about a frame for my tank.Jesus Christ!!!!there has to be somewhere else over here that does them cheaper.at this rate I'd rather get one from England and pay the£50/75 shipping fee
View attachment 14497
I know another windy who got a local mechanic who does welding to make him a frame. Just gave him the dimensions. Can't remember the exact cost but I know it was a fraction of the cost and that included the steel

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

On another topic lads.I'm curious how everyone quotes jobs.I've only started up and have had people text me looking quotes.I've done a couple of quotes without actually looking at the property because it's my local area but definitely went too low but I guess I'll stick with them as I'm getting my foot in the door so to speak.Had a guy contact me today,looked online at his address and it seems to be a big farmhouse.should I have a set price per window and if so how much??Also had someone contact me looking for a quote for a 3 storey townhouse.I didn't want to quote too high but did put a little bit extra on as it's 3 storey,therefore more height means extra effort.what's you guys stance on something like that?

I'm asking here because if I was to ask on the other threads the English guys get money we don't seem to be able to

Last edited by a moderator:
On another topic lads.I'm curious how everyone quotes jobs.I've only started up and have had people text me looking quotes.I've done a couple of quotes without actually looking at the property because it's my local area but definitely went too low but I guess I'll stick with them as I'm getting my foot in the door so to speak.Had a guy contact me today,looked online at his address and it seems to be a big farmhouse.should I have a set price per window and if so how much??Also had someone contact me looking for a quote for a 3 storey townhouse.I didn't want to quote too high but did put a little bit extra on as it's 3 storey,therefore more height means extra effort.what's you guys stance on something like that?
I'm asking here because if I was to ask on the other threads the English guys get money we don't seem to be able to
Hi, I don't quote over the phone. Who knows if it's another windy checking your prices or someone looking to compare your price against another window cleaner. You also can't see what state there windows and frames are in. Guys on this forum started talking about charging double for first cleans, I thought no way people will pay that over here, until I tried it. I'm now charging between 1.5 or double if I think can get it. When I know the area/estate I have a fair idea how much to charge, then add on for conservatories/extension etc. I have 3 storey town houses I charge £12, I have bungalows with velux or dormers I get £7 for. 2 storey semi's I get £10. I have large detached houses in affluent areas I can get £30. My round is fairly compact and I work on monthly cycle. I tend to work out how long it will take me and factor in all of the above. Hope this helps.

Hi, I don't quote over the phone. Who knows if it's another windy checking your prices or someone looking to compare your price against another window cleaner. You also can't see what state there windows and frames are in. Guys on this forum started talking about charging double for first cleans, I thought no way people will pay that over here, until I tried it. I'm now charging between 1.5 or double if I think can get it. When I know the area/estate I have a fair idea how much to charge, then add on for conservatories/extension etc. I have 3 storey town houses I charge £12, I have bungalows with velux or dormers I get £7 for. 2 storey semi's I get £10. I have large detached houses in affluent areas I can get £30. My round is fairly compact and I work on monthly cycle. I tend to work out how long it will take me and factor in all of the above. Hope this helps.

I actually quoted £12 for the 3 storey townhouse but the guy never got back to me.I thought it was a fair price.I've actually started checking the address on instant Google street view so I have an idea.I'm only doing part time at the minute so trying to fit this in with my other job.I'm hoping to get enough so I can cut my hours down on the landscaping.bloody hate it and I'll never make any decent money working for someone else.

To be honest I was shitting myself at the start but getting more confident and alot faster at it.if it wasn't for forums like this I'd be lost.Always good to know there's somewhere to go for advice on things!!!

Hi Markg, just a question, when you charge £12 for 3 story town houses does that include the back of the house as well the front.

Cheers.

If you have been asked to quote for a farmhouse you would have to factor in the time taken to travel to and from the farmhouse as well as the time taken to clean the windows.

Does anyone on here advertise with Yell.com for Window cleaning.

I have just signed up with them, total cost for one year is £1,100.

Included is website, it hasn't gone live yet.

I am starting to have second thoughts about Yell.com but it is too late as apparently I am tied to a contract for 12 months.

I hope someone on here can give me a positive review of Yell because someone told me I would have been better flushing the money down the  toilet, if my wife finds out I am a dead man.

Does anyone on here advertise with Yell.com for Window cleaning.
I have just signed up with them, total cost for one year is £1,100.
Included is website, it hasn't gone live yet.
I am starting to have second thoughts about Yell.com but it is too late as apparently I am tied to a contract for 12 months.
I hope someone on here can give me a positive review of Yell because someone told me I would have been better flushing the money down the  toilet, if my wife finds out I am a dead man.
Dunno anything about yell but I'd imagine you have a 14 day cooling off period in which you can cancel and they will have to refund your money

I set up a free yell business account a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have been getting sales calls. I finally decided to speak with them. The guy offered me a website and top listing in my locality for less than half what your paying. I don't know the details of your contact, but doesn't sound a great deal to me. I think I'm right in saying you have a 14 day cooling off period, were you can cancel without penalty.
I took out a yellow pages ad years ago and got zero calls from it. I know they are now on a different platform. I might be wrong about them, I passed on their offer. I just I just think if your going to do a web search for a window cleaner you Google them and check the listings, why then click on yell to look at the same listings. IMO.

Hi guys I'm a regular Visitor  to NI (Lisburn) I was just wondering how do you get on with your customer's in the rain?

We have family in Lisburn stonyford and Belfast and at one point was considering moving out but wasn't sure how ill get on being English married into a Irish family ?  

Dunno anything about yell but I'd imagine you have a 14 day cooling off period in which you can cancel and they will have to refund your money

That's what I thought but according to Yell the 14 day cooling off period only applies to private consumers, if you are a business there is no cooling off period, so be warned if you enter a business to business contract you have no protection.

Another thing is that I didn't even have to sign a contract to be hooked,

They call it an E contract and it was done over the phone.

Like you I believed I had a cooling off period and expected them to send out some paper work to be signed, I phoned next day and was told that I could cancel the contract but I would have to pay 80% of the bill.

I set up a free yell business account a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have been getting sales calls. I finally decided to speak with them. The guy offered me a website and top listing in my locality for less than half what your paying. I don't know the details of your contact, but doesn't sound a great deal to me. I think I'm right in saying you have a 14 day cooling off period, were you can cancel without penalty.
I took out a yellow pages ad years ago and got zero calls from it. I know they are now on a different platform. I might be wrong about them, I passed on their offer. I just I just think if your going to do a web search for a window cleaner you Google them and check the listings, why then click on yell to look at the same listings. IMO.

I did the same as you and signed up for a free listing, next day I got sales calls, apparently this is how they operate, they didn't inform me  that as a business you don't have the 14 day consumer protection clause.

I am getting the distinct impression that I have been done up like a kipper.

I am going to go back to them to try and get it sorted out , if I am stuck with this contract and it doesn't deliver what they claimed I will go the small claims court on the grounds that I have been sold a defective product.

Thanks for the reply.

Back