Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are there any members from N.Ireland on here.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi mate first thing is you will probably only need di or double di as our water is very soft here, I'm in Bangor and my water is 35ppm. I was lucky to buy a van with everything in it when another window cleaner was getting a bigger van.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Water hardness type: Moderately soft

Water hardness average: 37.3mg/l calcium

What is this converted into ppm?

‭07946 036563‬

heres the number of a guy who was selling it before from Belfast , I never bought any off him but saved his number in case off an emergency 

Hey I’m moving to Ballymena and am looking for some work to buy. Wfp work preferable. If any is being sold near Ballymena please let me know. Thanks 

Hey guys,so buying another van this week so finally gonna get a good push on.Had a Renault trafic and the things done nothing but cost me money.

Anyway,I've got a 500 litre baffled flat water tank but I'm looking to get a frame to fix it into the van.Does anyone know where I could get one from?preferably from somewhere over here,shipping charges are ******* wild!!!

Robbed me
How come Ciaran. I'm based in Derry, I don't think they're the cheapest, but when buying online (usually from UK based companies) some don't even deliver here. Those that do, when you factor in delivery charges. I've found them to be not far away. I buy a lot of tulsion resin from them, I always buy an add-on item like a tap to qualify for free next day delivery. If I was to buy tulsion from UK it would about the same and have to wait a week. A little local knowledge always helps when you need to call on them.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you frame fix it into van you have to notify insurance co otherwise insurance could be void.I would use heavy cargo straps that hauliers use with a couple of steel stretchers across back of tank  if you dont have bulkhead behind you.This means you are really only carrying cargo and not permantley fixed.

If you frame fix it into van you have to notify insurance co otherwise insurance could be void.I would use heavy cargo straps that hauliers use with a couple of steel stretchers across back of tank  if you dont have bulkhead behind you.This means you are really only carrying cargo and not permantley fixed.
Yeah, I'd notify the insurance company about it but I've a 500 litre tank.It's just for security if anything does ever happen.Just don't think I'd trust it being strapped down,ya know

The problem is that in an accident straps WILL NOT HOLD, where a frame has a good chance of holding the tank. For the sake of a few quid on your premium it's not worth you life. There were incidents a few months back where strapped in tanks went through the bulkhead and killed the driver.

Really ciaran??how so??
Got my system off them 2yrs ago and they where very helpful as I was giving them plenty of money being quite naive at the time not noing how it all worked but as time went on I learned most of the minor problems in how to fix myself but when I had a problem with my pump they charged me almost £50 to fix but when I found out later they had basically touched a loose wire and it worked again so you can imagine how cross I was to realise that the problem itself was the pressure switch that needed replaced costing 25 plus vat it actually would have been the same price to replace and when I rang them they said it was working when you left sureclean which was pathetic and would not stand over the work when I asked to fix it correctly 

Got my system off them 2yrs ago and they where very helpful as I was giving them plenty of money being quite naive at the time not noing how it all worked but as time went on I learned most of the minor problems in how to fix myself but when I had a problem with my pump they charged me almost £50 to fix but when I found out later they had basically touched a loose wire and it worked again so you can imagine how cross I was to realise that the problem itself was the pressure switch that needed replaced costing 25 plus vat it actually would have been the same price to replace and when I rang them they said it was working when you left sureclean which was pathetic and would not stand over the work when I asked to fix it correctly 
Think that's just one to put down to experience mate.I'm just starting up and don't know much about it but I'd rather take it to someone who knows what they're doing and learn from it

Think that's just one to put down to experience mate.I'm just starting up and don't know much about it but I'd rather take it to someone who knows what they're doing and learn from it
Yes I have that's why I will never use them again for anything like any business if the customer complains you do your best to fix it unlike sureclean who 100% new the pressure switch had gone but thought in their wisdom he's dumb we will get him back soon and double our money no chance 

Back