Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are there any members from N.Ireland on here.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I did the same as you and signed up for a free listing, next day I got sales calls, apparently this is how they operate, they didn't inform me  that as a business you don't have the 14 day consumer protection clause.
I am getting the distinct impression that I have been done up like a kipper.
I am going to go back to them to try and get it sorted out , if I am stuck with this contract and it doesn't deliver what they claimed I will go the small claims court on the grounds that I have been sold a defective product.
Thanks for the reply.

I would have a chat with citizens advice to see what they say about the cooling off period. As far as I am aware doesn't matter wether your a business or private customer same rules apply. I got a contract phone for the business last year and it said on the paper work 14 days cooling off period. Honestly think there trying to take the Mick...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi guys I'm a regular Visitor  to NI (Lisburn) I was just wondering how do you get on with your customer's in the rain?

We have family in Lisburn stonyford and Belfast and at one point was considering moving out but wasn't sure how ill get on being English married into a Irish family ?  
You will be ok once you get to know people. better over here than some parts of England these days.

Well done! That gives me a bit of hope at least. Still annoyed with myself for falling for the sales pitch though.
Aye mate, I was pretty annoyed too at the start but I suppose if I was to get even another 3 jobs over the year from it I'd be happy.honestly though,I think having a Facebook page is gonna get you more work than anything.that's where all my works coming from atm

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I am coming up to retirement in a couple of years, so I am going to confine myself to part time window cleaning rather than full time.

I will strictly be WFP only as I don't want to climb ladders anymore which is ironic as I used to be a roofer.

Once I get myself some kit I will be looking for some work, so if anyone needs a hand part time I will be available.

Yesterday I got a call from Fintru financial services based at the Gasworks Belfast asking for a window cleaning quote ,but as it is to big a job for me at the moment I think I will pass on it, So if anyone is interested they could contact Fintru as they might still be looking.

Any help or advice on starting part time would be appreciated.

I am coming up to retirement in a couple of years, so I am going to confine myself to part time window cleaning rather than full time.

I will strictly be WFP only as I don't want to climb ladders anymore which is ironic as I used to be a roofer.

Once I get myself some kit I will be looking for some work, so if anyone needs a hand part time I will be available.

Yesterday I got a call from Fintru financial services based at the Gasworks Belfast asking for a window cleaning quote ,but as it is to big a job for me at the moment I think I will pass on it, So if anyone is interested they could contact Fintru as they might still be looking.

Any help or advice on starting part time would be appreciated.
If you took it on and wanted a hand I'd happily help you. Not too far from Belfast 

Thanks for the reply, I was supposed to go to Fintru yesterday for 10 am but something turned up and I couldn't make it. 

Being commercial I guess they will be looking for other quotes so feel free to contact them yourself as it may not be too late. 

I will have to get some advice on quoting for larger commercial jobs as I may have some more in the pipeline. 

Cheers. 

Good evening Guys, i’m also. from NI. i’m just starting in the window cleaning game, i’m looking for a bit off advice if yous don’t mind. to the experience men that have been doing it for a while. what kind of number of houses do in a day roughly. i’m trying to gauge what’s the norm for a days work etc. i know everyone will  probably have a different idea on this. any help would be much appreciated thanks Mark 

Good evening Guys, i’m also. from NI. i’m just starting in the window cleaning game, i’m looking for a bit off advice if yous don’t mind. to the experience men that have been doing it for a while. what kind of number of houses do in a day roughly. i’m trying to gauge what’s the norm for a days work etc. i know everyone will  probably have a different idea on this. any help would be much appreciated thanks Mark 
I guess it depends how compact the round is. I only do a day a week and mine is quite spread out. If I was working a full day of compact work I could easily do 20,other lads could no doubt do more and be home for 3 o'clock 

Unless you buy a round then you won't be under pressure to clean quickly. A minimum of 2 standard 3 bed semis an hour is easy work. Once you start looking to do 3 an hour you're then working at a good pace. 

I guess it depends how compact the round is. I only do a day a week and mine is quite spread out. If I was working a full day of compact work I could easily do 20,other lads could no doubt do more and be home for 3 o'clock 
Yeah I’m finding it the same, I have canvassed  in a estate and maybe only get one customer in it. That’s the hardest part I think the canvassing. It’s a bit soul destroying chopping doors with people in & they don’t even bother coming out. I near gave up on my first night at it. 

Unless you buy a round then you won't be under pressure to clean quickly. A minimum of 2 standard 3 bed semis an hour is easy work. Once you start looking to do 3 an hour you're then working at a good pace. 
Yes 

Yeah I’m finding it the same, I have canvassed  in a estate and maybe only get one customer in it. That’s the hardest part I think the canvassing. It’s a bit soul destroying chopping doors with people in & they don’t even bother coming out. I near gave up on my first night at it. 
Hardest part is getting a good compact rounds ,

some days i do more traveling then  actually working ,  the way I see it , that customer who I’ve traveled 15mims to is the base , like what I have done with my other rounds I will keep knocking /leaflets till I have a days work in that area , 

Cheers I’m only starting out, so two a hour would be ok. Getting two or three together in the one estate when starting out seems to be the problem. Bit as I say I’m only starting out. As the saying goes Rome wasn’t build in a day. 

Hardest part is getting a good compact rounds ,

some days i do more traveling then  actually working ,  the way I see it , that customer who I’ve traveled 15mims to is the base , like what I have done with my other rounds I will keep knocking /leaflets till I have a days work in that area , 
Yeah that sounds about right. I shall keep chopping the doors. As a newbie to this, you gotta start at the bottom, hopefully I’ll have some sort of a round up & going by the end of the summer 

Yeah that sounds about right. I shall keep chopping the doors. As a newbie to this, you gotta start at the bottom, hopefully I’ll have some sort of a round up & going by the end of the summer 

Use your local buy and sell on Facebook too. That's where I got the majority of my customers from but you'll also get messers. Haven't knocked a door yet but I'm going to have to start if I want to keep building my round. 

Don't get disheartened, always just bull on. The custys will build up.you just have to keep working on it

On another note. Where do you lads order your stuff from? Had to order a clamp for my facelift phoenix pole from the window cleaning warehouse, had to pay £13 for the delivery. Bloody daylight robbery when they could easily send it for half the price via royal mail 

On another note. Where do you lads order your stuff from? Had to order a clamp for my facelift phoenix pole from the window cleaning warehouse, had to pay £13 for the delivery. Bloody daylight robbery when they could easily send it for half the price via royal mail 
It's a nightmare, if sureclean don't have it try eBay as a lot of the time you get free delivery. I stopped using wcw because of the postage. Also they offer free delivery too down south, I don't how they can do that..Lol 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back