Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are there any members from N.Ireland on here.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Really pees me off mate. The part itself was about £7 and could easily be delivered by royal mail so why not give the choice. I'll not be getting another facelift pole anyway. Thinking of getting a gardiners clx22. I've a clx 10 for bungalows but using a 30ft pole for most work which isn't easy on the arms sometimes 

Last edited by a moderator:
Needing a bit of advice lads.going to quote a house tomorrow.bungalow with wooden sash windows all around.how would you lads go about quoting these windows?I don't have any on my round so not sure how to go about it.also,any advice on cleaning them?

Screenshot_20190918_213311.jpg

Assuming you're WFP it would very much depend on the condition of the frames. If they're old wooden ones that are poorly maintained then I doubt I'd want the job. It will take you longer to put the putty back on and you'll be forever rinsing paint flakes off. 

If they're UPVC or well maintained then they'll take at least half as long as normal windows.

If you're trad ignore the above. 

Assuming you're WFP it would very much depend on the condition of the frames. If they're old wooden ones that are poorly maintained then I doubt I'd want the job. It will take you longer to put the putty back on and you'll be forever rinsing paint flakes off. 

If they're UPVC or well maintained then they'll take at least half as long as normal windows.

If you're trad ignore the above. 
Yeah,wfp.they are wooden,painted.the paint doesn't seem too bad.i was thinking of going in at £2 a window but sort of thinking to myself,is it really worth the hassle

You should factor in travelling time to the job. 

Also those frames with square sets inside them can be fiddly to clean if the windows have wooden frames. 

Old paint oxidises over the years and can smear the glass. 

Good luck. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back