Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Asked to justify Hourly rate

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A lot of us on here are qualified for other thingsI am a body fitter/panel beater as my official trade as that is what my nvq's say from my school having an auto engineering department and then joining the army (Royal electrical mechanical engineers) and got my class 2 licence with them (was driving 14 tonne rigid trucks at the age of 18 on British roads..in civvy street it would have been illegal)

Some guys even give up high powered city jobs for our lifestyle

It's all about finding what suits you
Plus that welding job on that famous boat /emoticons/wink.png

OK so I don't need the job. I could dump him no problem. I have sat on this for a month. If he was rude I would have on the day. My thinking is he's right. £50 an hour is a realy good wage. OK it's annoying that so much extra got done for a fiver. However it did take just over the hour.

Torn about it realy. He is a really nice guy, wasn't rude or insulting. Just justify Hourly rate realy. So being honest hourly rate ranges £30+ with some nice little runs averaging 50.

Ignore the idiots doing (latest one I saw the card for. Four bed house and conservatory £7.50) even doing a realy realy good job. Can we justify more than £50 an hour. ??
like everyone says....the jobs people are asking us to do, example windows, soffit facias gutters conservatory roofs...there all jobs customers don't want to do them self's. so if you don't want to do it you have to pay the price, if you don't like the price do it your self. quite often get £130 £150 £180 for soffit facias gutters or conservatory cleans which only take couple hours. not once has anyone said £180 that only took 2 hours...usual comment is wow...lovely job, how often do you recommend getting it done again...do get the stigma with been a windy though....all think you don't earn much then nearly choke on there own tongue when you tell them how much you do earn....when first started someone ask what you do for living it was like cough cough window cleaner lol.now people say to the missus your jay must be really busy as I see him eveywere. always think of Gail platt in corrie saying her bloke was a window technician [emoji23] we all have our own reasons for doing this job, be proud...I sometimes forget I actually own a bussiness which is doing very well, I used to drive a 32 ton grab lorry around London clearing demolition sites leave 4am in morning home 6-7pm salary of 32k plus bonuses now my work day has virtually been slashed in half...earn more money better quality of family life, if need holiday or a day off, no disheartening feeling when boss says no too many people off that day and having to tell the missus no we can't go away that week...if the kids have school play sports day..xmas play parents evening..your the boss if you want to go then go...

so own bussiness own boss you want to price a job up that's gonna make you £50+ an hour do it....

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

like everyone says....the jobs people are asking us to do, example windows, soffit facias gutters conservatory roofs...there all jobs customers don't want to do them self's. so if you don't want to do it you have to pay the price, if you don't like the price do it your self. quite often get £130 £150 £180 for soffit facias gutters or conservatory cleans which only take couple hours. not once has anyone said £180 that only took 2 hours...usual comment is wow...lovely job, how often do you recommend getting it done again...do get the stigma with been a windy though....all think you don't earn much then nearly choke on there own tongue when you tell them how much you do earn....when first started someone ask what you do for living it was like cough cough window cleaner lol.now people say to the missus your jay must be really busy as I see him eveywere. always think of Gail platt in corrie saying her bloke was a window technician [emoji23] we all have our own reasons for doing this job, be proud...I sometimes forget I actually own a bussiness which is doing very well, I used to drive a 32 ton grab lorry around London clearing demolition sites leave 4am in morning home 6-7pm salary of 32k plus bonuses now my work day has virtually been slashed in half...earn more money better quality of family life, if need holiday or a day off, no disheartening feeling when boss says no too many people off that day and having to tell the missus no we can't go away that week...if the kids have school play sports day..xmas play parents evening..your the boss if you want to go then go...so own bussiness own boss you want to price a job up that's gonna make you £50+ an hour do it....

And so say all of us..

Not speaking solely from a window cleaning viewpoint, but an overall sales view. The market decides how much can be charged for any service or product. Supply and demand. Perceived value. You can only charge as much as the market will bare. Can someone charge £100 on a two bed terrace 4 weekly? No, but they might get at the upper end say £20.

I personally just think it depends on your target market, your company image amongst other things. You can have quantity of customers or quality of customers. Those who pay more are more likely to appreciate it more and they also believe it is a better clean etc because its already in their head, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Those who make a decision on price are that way because they view it as a commodity, and have limited information to make a buying decision with.

"He cleans my windows for £15 but this guy will clean my windows for £7.50. That's half price!" This happens because the customer does not know that generally window cleaners don't all do frames and sills, or offer direct debit payment, or are insured for any mishaps etc etc. He isn't buying based on emotion whether the ladder falls on his new bmw or not or whether the new guy will answer the phone when he needs to ask a question or cancel for a week as his wife has passed away. Simply because he hasn't been educated.

Anyway that's just my 2 cents.

Back