At What Price Would You Sell Out Your Round

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Newbie123, Jan 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

There's a lot of talk on here of knocking customers to gain em and a few are saying the competition is too hard so here's the question the competition stops knocking and approaches you direct and offers to buy you out its an age old way of doing business and does go on what rate at times income per month does this become tempting so the answer will be month x number answer as your competition may be reading this

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I wouldnt sell unless it was for 10x

You put a lot of hard work and go through a lot of hassle to build a regular and reliable business
    So if you are going to sell you need to get top dollar .
    You could get a canvasser for 2x but whats saying the work is good and whats the retention rate ?
    Ive built my business from scratch I have 59 customers worth 10k a yr
    All good paid jobs and no more messers oh and I only work 1 day per week so if I was selling id want top dollar .

3. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Would you then start again in another area and build again or would you try something else with the money gained

4. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

i would need an offer of around 50k to be interested selling up.. when the stage comes when i cant be azzed cleaning windows anymore i will just employ

5. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

Id want at least 50k for my round as its quite a big residential village round covering Northamptonshire plus got all my shops and other commercial properties, but like Belfast said when i lose the love for the job id just employ someone to clean and give them someting like £8 an hour :)

6. mr shine

mr shine Guru

so you value a 10k round at 100k ,do you seriously think that anyone would cough up even half of that

7. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

the x number gives a clue to the persons enjoyment of what they do one man may value his business at 20k another man with the same business may give you 100k for the same business my boss as had his business for sale for millions although I would only pay a third of that and worry it was too much

8. JDMW

JDMW Guru

id never sell my round for any amount of money. its not just my job but its something i love doing. i get out and about meet all kinds of funny interesting people. every day is different and i do have some days i dread but its all part of any job. i think my round is worth about 6-7k as it is for a yrs work. if someone offered me 60k id seriously say no. means i gotta go out and start from scratch and spend lots of money on fliers ads etc and to be honest i couldnt do that again. ive almost quit loads of times but looking back at the start of building my workload up its to much hard work to just drop and sell. some people say you only sell ya round for 5x the yearly income.

9. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

It all boils down to the age old saying that something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay .
    My business I know isnt worth a great deal to most people or cleaners but to me it wouldnt be worth me selling
    For less than 10x the monthly income .

Where else can you earn 10k a yr for 1 day a week ???

10. JDMW

JDMW Guru

yeh your right, not even someone whos been to uni for 5 years get that realistically do they?

Advertisement