Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sensing A Fear Of Approaching Commercials

WCF

Help Support WCF:

C

Catherine

Why chaps, I just get a fear/lack of confidence for going for commercials - don't understand.................

Would be great if someone could explain why?

One of my customers only does commercial buildings - would be great to know the issues and the problems

Is it lack of confidence, speaking to people etc - thoughts welcome

i dont know, i dont have any commercial work. im trying to build my domestic up first which is proving to be hard for me, everyone else has customer flock to them and i dont lol

RC its not complicated, its just confidence.

Nursing homes, residential, rest and retirement, Hotels, pubs/Inns/bars/golf clubs/schools " can I speak to the manager" dont ever tell the person who answers the phone what the call is about, just say "its a sales call, Ill call back later" 1. receptionist dosent make the decision, 2 you call back when the decision maker is there. Its only about talking to the person that makes the decision - not talking to the person that answers the phone - you just need to be a bit canny, its a sales call I will call again. Dont let the receptionist put you off, she /he dosent make the deciscion

dont worry about it i have a few commercials just go in speak to the manager and leave a card or offer a free quote.weird thing for me is a i can walk into any business looking for work but cant knock on doors lol.

and the coin is not all that you think with commercial work.

AK but who are you leaving your card with? and do you get to speak to the manager? Do you know your card goes to the manager?

With all marketing excecises you need to go directly to the decision maker - biggest problem - leave a card and hope the decision maker picks it up?

Whatever trade your in, you need to know that your services go to the yay or nay guy directly - targeted marketing

Id agree, but not sure my client would just landed a £450 job per month /emoticons/smile.png

AK but who are you leaving your card with? and do you get to speak to the manager? Do you know your card goes to the manager?
With all marketing excecises you need to go directly to the decision maker - biggest problem - leave a card and hope the decision maker picks it up?

Whatever trade your in, you need to know that your services go to the yay or nay guy directly - targeted marketing
manager like i say,i asked to speak to the manager soon as i walk in.
to be fair i dont look for commercial work now there all messers.domestic is bread and butter real people not ******* in suits.

Some are good though AK, if you find a good payer - the client for £450 a month (must admit its a rare job) had to go through all sorts of blooming paperwork, approved supplier etc etc, but they dont come that good that often

Some are good though AK, if you find a good payer - the client for £450 a month (must admit its a rare job) had to go through all sorts of blooming paperwork, approved supplier etc etc, but they dont come that good that often
true and thats a nice slice of cash that:)nice1

Course he can Ady - just a nice little number that dosent come along that often, just perspiration and knocking on doors

I earn 150 a month

A hotel i clean and i only signed 1 paper n showed the manager ma insurance n get payed after i clean

Latest Posts

Back