Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Auto Shut-Off Kit

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have the PF one. The previous one I had was one you recommended to me from Gardiners. It worked for years without a problem and then the plug gave up. The PF one isn’t just JG fittings, it comes with half inch barbs on the solenoid initially, I changed these out for JG half inch but they could be as easily changed out for something else I should think. They’re just screw thread. It’s really good, seems much more robust than the last one too.
Thanks for this, weird how the plug just gave up, we had this last week with our washing machine it stopped working I assumed the control panel could be knackered the guy came out and said it's either the plug or the control panel he tested the plug and nothing put a brand new plug on hey presto.

After all of this, I'll go with @Dave B way it's basic but it won't fail and me being a greedy Northener it won't cost me owt ?

Thanks for this, weird how the plug just gave up, we had this last week with our washing machine it stopped working I assumed the control panel could be knackered the guy came out and said it's either the plug or the control panel he tested the plug and nothing put a brand new plug on hey presto.

After all of this, I'll go with @Dave B way it's basic but it won't fail and me being a greedy Northener it won't cost me owt ?
I now have a length of garden hose going from the top of my IBC through my garage wall into a 25l drum.
That way if I do let my system run a little longer than I wanted to, I’m still catching some excess pure ?

This unit might be worth a look. V1 Simple Autofill Controller - BladeRight Cleaning Supplies & Services

It uses a 1/2 BSP male threaded Solenoid so would need a reducer to connect 1/4 inch hose. Once the float activates on tank full the solenoid closes and job done. It can be used with 12V DC or 240V AC using the power supply. A horizontal float switch can be used with it as well

Cheers

I used to have a bit of pole hose connected to a rectus on the side of my old tank so if I timed it wrong filling van overnight it flowed out onto my driveway.
Plenty wide enough to keep up with the ro.
Are you close enough to a drain to put some hose on like that?
My ibc used to have the same but 6” of pole hose then connected to an old garden hose to the drain running down the side of my garden behind the flower beds so hidden by soil.
Never breaks down lol.
Good idea, I have had time to think on this today I assume you had a rectus fitting with a thread on the back of it, drilled a hole in the tank and tightened a nut on the back then you could connect and disconnect the overflow hose as needed?

if this is the case this would work for me, I have most likely got a fitting in my garage or if not could use a JG fitting from my old R/O and do the same with JG hose to pole hose and do as @steve garwood recommended have a 25l container for it to overflow into to at least catch some of the overflowing water
I have a drain close enough as well which is where my waist water goes down if not refilling the barrel as the water needs changing every few days, ideally, I do need to set something up to water parts of the garden through the summer as well

This unit might be worth a look. V1 Simple Autofill Controller - BladeRight Cleaning Supplies & Services

It uses a 1/2 BSP male threaded Solenoid so would need a reducer to connect 1/4 inch hose. Once the float activates on tank full the solenoid closes and job done. It can be used with 12V DC or 240V AC using the power supply. A horizontal float switch can be used with it as well

Cheers
Thanks for this, I think you may have missed the part about me being a greedy Northener, if it's made by your firm I know it will be very good though (y)

It also reminded me that Bladeright sells in van storage boxes for brushes and bits and pieces I need to order.

Good idea, I have had time to think on this today I assume you had a rectus fitting with a thread on the back of it, drilled a hole in the tank and tightened a nut on the back then you could connect and disconnect the overflow hose as needed?

if this is the case this would work for me, I have most likely got a fitting in my garage or if not could use a JG fitting from my old R/O and do the same with JG hose to pole hose and do as @steve garwood recommended have a 25l container for it to overflow into to at least catch some of the overflowing water
I have a drain close enough as well which is where my waist water goes down if not refilling the barrel as the water needs changing every few days, ideally, I do need to set something up to water parts of the garden through the summer as well
Barbed rectus and mastic to hold it in tight fitting hole lol
I have used an elbow off old ro to do the same in the past and the ro tubing pushes right into pole hose tightly

Nope. Just drilled a hole slightly smaller than the hose, then used a high quality clear silicon to seal it ?

The plug is one of those sealed units. The wire coming out of it was very flimsy. That can be my only complaint. It lasted me nearly 5 years and survived a house move. The one from PF has a bit of a stronger looking plug so if anyone is weighing theirs up I can vouch for it. Because the float from the old one was already installed I just used that, didn't seem worth disconnecting everything.

I wonder if I've grown into some bad spending habits being down south. Not only is this an expensive one, I bought it as a replacement in 2020 and then didn't bother to return it when I fixed the old one. I wonder if my arms have grown and my pockets have shortened! :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if I've grown into some bad spending habits being down south. Not only is this an expensive one, I bought it as a replacement in 2020 and then didn't bother to return it when I fixed the old one. I wonder if my arms have grown and my pockets have shortened! :ROFLMAO:
You've got kids money will be flowing through your fingers like water, pleased we don't have any maybe that's why I am tight with money

Nope. Just drilled a hole slightly smaller than the hose, then used a high quality clear silicon to seal it ?
I was just tagging you for the idea of the overflow 25l container which is ideal, better to have a bit of an overflow than a float valve at least then there is no backing up of pressure and a risk of flooding the garage which I have done too many times, thankfully ours is detached and the floor isn't level at all so it just runs down one side and out under the garage door.

The placement of my tank is next to the side door of my garage so I need it well fixed in case it takes the odd knock, I can just run the overflow down the side of the tank under a mat and out a hole I drilled at the base of the wall which is how I have my waste hose set up.

I was just tagging you for the idea of the overflow 25l container which is ideal, better to have a bit of an overflow than a float valve at least then there is no backing up of pressure and a risk of flooding the garage which I have done too many times, thankfully ours is detached and the floor isn't level at all so it just runs down one side and out under the garage door.

The placement of my tank is next to the side door of my garage so I need it well fixed in case it takes the odd knock, I can just run the overflow down the side of the tank under a mat and out a hole I drilled at the base of the wall which is how I have my waste hose set up.
You could feed it round to your barrel!

Send them down to Cornwall to @Pjj he'll get Poldark to get them working in the tin mines apparently they are way behind the rest of the UK
Lol as far as ime aware there aren’t any mines still running, south crofty was supposed to be re opening but that’s all gone quite and they are building houses all around it so doubt it will ever open again

Even that is banned down there nowadays, you'll have to wait until the Lithium mines open up.
Yes they seam to think its a viable option they are doing bore hole testing and have found quite high levels of lithium I believe they are trying to get funding from the government for the infrastructure at this time

Latest Posts

Back