Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

B o a b help.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dan fod

Hi guys,

I’ve been using wfp for a while now( and started that way) have had lots at commercial customers ask me to do the inside of the windows. So I’ve been doing lots of practice on my own windows…. And am looking to use a boab.
Where I need help is how do I actually use it.
Like how many times a day do I need to refresh water and clean the t bar and any other advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Sorry in advance for being such a moron!!
Dan

I'm no expert in trad (or wfp for that matter) but you do realise that the BOAB is just to carry the applicator and squeegee, it's not for carrying water as such.

From what I know, (not a lot), use a window cleaning bucket as the water container, dip applicator into water, using your hand push off excess water so it's not dripping, add soap to applicator (fairy) put it in BOAB, add your squeegee to the BOAB, and approach the glass, clean appropriate, detail and wipe frames. The applicator can be dunked into your water to clean/re wet when necessary - I would say you can get a few windows done (depending on size) before needing to rewet the applicator.
You will need the applicator to not drip as much as possible so not too wet.

Have a look at Trad Man on youtube (he may be a bit biased in kit but otherwise not bad).

I'm no expert in trad (or wfp for that matter) but you do realise that the BOAB is just to carry the applicator and squeegee, it's not for carrying water as such.

From what I know, (not a lot), use a window cleaning bucket as the water container, dip applicator into water, using your hand push off excess water so it's not dripping, add soap to applicator (fairy) put it in BOAB, add your squeegee to the BOAB, and approach the glass, clean appropriate, detail and wipe frames. The applicator can be dunked into your water to clean/re wet when necessary - I would say you can get a few windows done (depending on size) before needing to rewet the applicator.

Have a look at Trad Man on youtube (he may be a bit biased in kit but otherwise not bad).
Thanks chad… very similar to me then mate, no expert in anything here. That’s kind of what I thought mate but no matter how much I try to find out how the kit is used properly for an entire day say , it’s just bloody impossible.

Thanks chad… very similar to me then mate, no expert in anything here. That’s kind of what I thought mate but no matter how much I try to find out how the kit is used properly for an entire day say , it’s just bloody impossible
Use a squirty bottle, I think that's the technical name for it, with your soap mix. If a big job take a big bucket to top up with. Would only need a squeegy and applicator if really dirty
thank you part timer. Still have so much to learn!!
And nobody where I am is willing to help me learn anything. Lol

I only generally only have water in my BOAB if i'm outside, the only caveat would be if it was a big place and its very greasy. like one of the Kebab shops I clean.

When I am cleaning inside, I use minimal water as the windows are not that dirty and any water you take off the window will make a mess and if your in a cream painted living room with a cream sofa there is no where to hide.

if you need to rinse the applicator (I use moreman fliq, as its quick and efficient) Rinse it in the bucket and wring it out so its not dripping.

I used to carry a bucket but realized that my back got tired of constantly bending over, the bucket you can have lots of water to wash your mop. I then put that bucket on wheels and rolled it around and then solved a lot of problems and made the job go faster but then stairs and elevators made it a hassle. I suggest you use a bucket on wheels and then a boab on your belt, both of those work well together.

Back