Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back to cleaning block pavers again oh deep joy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Anyway, it could be worse smurf- you could spend all morning sealing a driveway for some muppet delivery driver to use it as a turning spot- went and left tire tracks all over the drive moments before the customer returned from their day out. The driveway looked so sweet too. You are forever learning in this job, and my lesson today is barricade the driveway with wheely bins no matter how slim the chance is. I'm going to return next week to check theres no lasting damage and rectify if needs be. Annoying and a bit embarrassing but thats life.

Sorry to hear that...what a bummer./emoticons/sad.png

Cones and red & white tape might be a better idea than using bins. I hope the customers did not park on the drive either as most sealers need 24 hours to fully cure.

Anyway, it could be worse smurf- you could spend all morning sealing a driveway for some muppet delivery driver to use it as a turning spot- went and left tire tracks all over the drive moments before the customer returned from their day out. The driveway looked so sweet too. You are forever learning in this job, and my lesson today is barricade the driveway with wheely bins no matter how slim the chance is. I'm going to return next week to check theres no lasting damage and rectify if needs be. Annoying and a bit embarrassing but thats life.

Sorry to hear that...what a bummer./emoticons/sad.png
Cones and red & white tape might be a better idea than using bins. I hope the customers did not park on the drive either as most sealers need 24 hours to fully cure.
No, they left their motors off it. I finished the second coat just after lunch, and put a strip of orange tape and a small sign on the floor to stop foot traffic like posties etc, but I didn't think for a minute that a motor would pull up on it. I came back about four to check on it and it was all dry, so I removed the sign. According to the neighbour, the delivery driver turned up around 5. Next time there will be cones out for the full 24h. Live and learn.

Speaking of which when I'm cleaning a large drive I keep my van of the drive too because it can leave tyre marks or may drp oil.

flat surface cleaner or spinner to some

Ive got one - paid over 500 quid however I rarely use it - the mud/debris doesn't escape properly and it doesnt do a good job on weeds too - I just find the turbo nozzle a better option

I had a leaflet dropper walk on the part that I just sealed leading up to the front door. I went mental to say the least:whistle:

Did you have the jets configured for your pressure washer?

I find a fsc cleaner much quicker to use now but still use a turbo afterwards for stubon areas.

Ive got one - paid over 500 quid however I rarely use it - the mud/debris doesn't escape properly and it doesnt do a good job on weeds too - I just find the turbo nozzle a better option

Did you have the jets configured for your pressure washer?
I hope so - as bought from the same seller and he mentioned that the kit have been tested before delivery - but who knows

This little lot went everywhere -

xeehef.jpg

2dua1sp.jpg

Lance set up -

33df6nq.jpg

2b9nh2.jpg

Rob

No - cold.

It was on a busy main road in Chesham, perimeter wall to store & electrical housing. Road a pavement width behind me.

The van was parked 80 metres away, getting a water supply from 100 metres away.

Rob

great results on the brick for cold , what spec washer did you use , would you loose any pressure at that distance

Not really. You lose 23 psi per 100 metres (I think)

The pressure washer was the Hot & Mighty, 3000 psi @ 35 LPM.

The brick was really poor quality and very soft so I used a flat nozzle, the turbo nozzle was ripping them to pieces.

I have both vans down there tomorrow night, one @ 3000 psi & 40 LPM and the above.

Rob

Thanks for the lance pics Rob. Great job by the way:thumbsup:

I can see the benefit of using those types of guns & lances - nice one..

Could you kindly post a link where you get them from as I really need to buy some? Many thanks again...

This little lot went everywhere -
xeehef.jpg

2dua1sp.jpg

Lance set up -

33df6nq.jpg

2b9nh2.jpg

Rob

If you speak to Julian @ Britclean, tell him what you want and tell him you have seen my lance set up he will sort it out for you. You will get through to Wendy in the office but if you ask for him he will pick up the phone.

www.britclean.co.uk

Rob

Back