Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clearing gutters in cold weather

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Some are easy to do as come out in big chunks and others can be a right pain in the ****.

i did a gutter job in january once never again NEVERRRRR tore my fingers to peaces an got cold an wet:mad: maby i should have wore gloves an water prouffs:confused::oops:

I've got a gutter job to do soon , always full of pine needles ...6 inch buggers .... Always stabbing my fingers ... Not looking forward to it .....

The gloves have a rubber coated palm , it's the top that's material .....where the buggers get thru Ill source better ones when these are shot .... I'm too tight /emoticons/biggrin.png

That's a progutter tool fitted to an old stripped down wfp with a acme male adapter on a plastic euro thread angle adaptor to make it fit a wfp. Brilliant bit of kit :thumbsup:

[media]

I ve something similar with my old glass fibre pole , took the top two sections out ,wrapped tape around the butt , you have a nice little pole for scrapping out , not too much of a reach aswell ..... Supprising how rigid there are without a brush attached to it

Try using a guttervac on those jobs then mr guttervac supplier /emoticons/biggrin.png

That's a progutter tool fitted to an old stripped down wfp with a acme male adapter on a plastic euro thread angle adaptor to make it fit a wfp. Brilliant bit of kit :thumbsup:
[media]

That's what i was thinking, tight gutters can be a pain whatever method you use

Nothing suprises me now to be honest that is why I always carry my gutter clearing ladder setup on the van too. Plus various tools for the job including a guttervac.

Gutter clearing & exterior property deep cleaning is my main services and window cleaning only makes up a small part of my work.

Hey peeps,

Yeah, in winter sucks. Unfortunatley for us gutter cleaning is alll we do, and although we are busy all year round, winter is our busiest months! Damn!!

We've got commercial grade vacs, but they render useless if the gutters have frozen solid, so up a ladder with a bucket and a tool it is.

We have found winter is very profitable because thats when leaks and blockages are easily identified. Leaks can be fixed at additional costs.

Not ideal, so definatley get a ladder mate, and somebody to foot your ladder, but also get yourself a pair of seal skinz gloves that are totally waterproof (make sure they are not tight, because it restricts the circulation to your fingers and you wont last 2 minutes!)

Cleaning out gutters that are frozen can actually be quicker and cleaner than you think. The frozen filth comes out in big chunks becuase the debris is all frozen together. Just need a small scrapper to get underneath and your away!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back