Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

best chemical for trad

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don't now as i use asda eco washing up liquid as it's a bit thicker

I used any that i could find before

You can pick it up in B&Q mate, I stocked up in it last time I went, and even hid a few bottles round the back of the others just in case they run out. /emoticons/wink.png
They don't stock it any more, that was where I was trying to get it before.

You'd be hard pushed to beat me at tradding speed with a wfp but the time it takes to go get my trad gear out for the bottoms once i have finished the tops i can just wfp them as quick
Thinking of making something on my trolley to hold my wagulator and spray bottle so i can have it to hand whenever needed
interested in what you say about using the wagulator with a spray. I also do the same, can you expand a bit more on that.

interested in what you say about using the wagulator with a spray. I also do the same, can you expand a bit more on that.
I have a spray bottle of asda eco washing up liquid/ vinegar and water which i spray direct on to glass on insides and the odd window i trad

Or i use an old flash concentrate bottle to wet the wag scrubber if i need a bit more water

Only use a bucket for firat cleans which i now wfp anyway so bucket is for tool storage now

A month a go I wouldn't have even touched proper window soaps like gg4 and the like. But in a backpedaling fashion I have come to realise that they kick the **** out of any of the washing up liquid I've used. Dish soap is for first cleans only now. Regular work is quicker and neater with a proper soap.

I have a spray bottle of asda eco washing up liquid/ vinegar and water which i spray direct on to glass on insides and the odd window i tradOr i use an old flash concentrate bottle to wet the wag scrubber if i need a bit more water

Only use a bucket for firat cleans which i now wfp anyway so bucket is for tool storage now
Ok, so you do it differently, and your wfp anyway. The way I do it is this; the water in my spray is what would be in my bucket, I spray directly onto the glass, as you, but I use the scrubber to move the water around the glass, I don't intend to wet it too much. As my solution is very strong I rely on it to penetrate into the dirt quickly, by the time I have finished 'scrubbing', then squeegee off. I try to keep the liquid to a minimum, so when I squeegee and do the edges, I don't have to detail. I never carry a bucket. I found that wetting the scrubber just wet everywhere, which defeated what I was trying to achieve.

It depends how dirty they are..if a normal regular job i usually just spray the glass..if dirty I'll give the wag scrubber a wet too

When I was looking round to get some more, I went to my regular places, and they'd all stopped. When I went online I found them at 4-6 pounds, which I wasn't going to pay. Then I saw that B & Q had them at 3:50. couldn't get them at my local store or the next nearest as they were "not stocked anymore". so that's why I went 'Squeegee off', figured if it's Ettore it should be good, and at the same price (5 litres delivered). So I will stay with that from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
GG4 in its standard dilutions does not offer much slip.
Remember the dilutions are something like 20ml per 5ltr of water. Just by adding an extra 10ml it then gets crazy slippery and seriously good results.
Does it get that slippy you need your skates on lol

I'm using squeegee off with a bit of screen wash some old fella that used to do windows give me this tip and it works a treat and it's good at removing the fly sh1te

pure water-ecover -white vinegar..good slip & leaves no directional marks
Do you put all this in a bucket, vinegar in bucket and ecover onto scrubber or all mixed in bottle and what ratio.

Bottle of ecover

Good dash of vinegar (about half a 4-500ml bottle)

Mix together and keep in a bottle

Use like you normally would your soap

I use mixed with water in a spray

Can also use in a bucket of water

Just a good squirt like you would normally do

The last 2 days though i have been using just flash concentrate gel in my spray bottle with water

Not much slip but no suds and shiney glass

Easy to detail if needed

Back