Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best cleaning detergent?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All the gear and no idea springs to mind.

Having spoken to  k rend  on several occasions they recommended  using Benz products lightning clenze  to be precise which  is a biocide , it’s not an acid as @Dave B has already stated , as an external  Cleaning company I would have thought you would have know the difference and how to use the various products  correctly . Hypo is not a cure all for cleaning  it’s only suitable for organic or bacterial growths it won’t clean/remove carbonatious deposits .  

All the gear and no idea springs to mind.
but thats forum life dave, many people chip in with comments without any real world  knowledge, yes, i agree if the poster has no idea that hypo is an acid or alkaline the comments should really be dis regarded as those people new to soft washing could take up those comments and use them only to cause serious damage or mishap to themselves or a customers property then, comes the "how do i get out of this post", .

people, if you are new to softwashing or are looking to start offering these services please, take some replies with a pinch of salt and go with the gut feeling on who to gleen info from, in my opinion theres only two or three on this forum who'll give sound,safe advice on this.

but thats forum life dave, many people chip in with comments without any real world  knowledge, yes, i agree if the poster has no idea that hypo is an acid or alkaline the comments should really be dis regarded as those people new to soft washing could take up those comments and use them only to cause serious damage or mishap to themselves or a customers property then, comes the "how do i get out of this post", .

people, if you are new to softwashing or are looking to start offering these services please, take some replies with a pinch of salt and go with the gut feeling on who to gleen info from, in my opinion theres only two or three on this forum who'll give sound,safe advice on this.
A very valid and well made point.

There must he hundreds of people who never appear on here but take the written word and start a business off the back of it without an introduction or a hello

That's why it's key to ask as not everything you read is fact.

Totally agree Kevin I have been softwashing for around 15-18 years Initially self taught by experimenting and watching YouTube and thought I knew what I was doing there is so much bad/dangerous advice on there it’s unbelievable, Ime no chemical expert like you and @Dave B and I have learnt a lot from you over the last few years , I don’t consider myself an expert at all but hopefully know how to work in a safe manner and know what to do and use on different substrates although ime glad you are there to offer advice on some jobs ???. Keep up the good work .

Totally agree Kevin I have been softwashing for around 15-18 years Initially self taught by experimenting and watching YouTube and thought I knew what I was doing there is so much bad/dangerous advice on there it’s unbelievable, Ime no chemical expert like you and @Dave B and I have learnt a lot from you over the last few years , I don’t consider myself an expert at all but hopefully know how to work in a safe manner and know what to do and use on different substrates although ime glad you are there to offer advice on some jobs ???. Keep up the good work .
I'm no expert mate compared to Kevin but do have a basic understanding of chemical reactions and what is or is not safe.

What gets me is people with no idea making their own witches brew to clean conservatory roofs etc as the chemicals individually work well not realising they are making a completely different chemical compound with different properties with no knowledge of the dangers or effects.

I'm no expert mate compared to Kevin but do have a basic understanding of chemical reactions and what is or is not safe.

What gets me is people with no idea making their own witches brew to clean conservatory roofs etc as the chemicals individually work well not realising they are making a completely different chemical compound with different properties with no knowledge of the dangers or effects.
Agree totally with you, doesn't take alot of witchcraft to make knockout gas or an exothermic reaction melting plastic

Agree totally with you, doesn't take alot of witchcraft to make knockout gas or an exothermic reaction melting plastic

You could pretty much blow your house up with stuff under a kitchen sink.

Not hard to do with an oxidising chemical and a mixture to ignite it such as potassium permanganate and sugar and drip a few drops of glycerin on it..makes a violent flame but if in a container it will explode and that's just 1 off the top of my head.

Not hard to do with an oxidising chemical and a mixture to ignite it such as potassium permanganate and sugar and drip a few drops of glycerin on it..makes a violent flame but if in a container it will explode and that's just 1 off the top of my head.
Think i should have paid more attention at school ???? might have learned something useful , have learnt a bit with the Fireservice about this type of thing from failed animal rights devices.       

Think i should have paid more attention at school ???? might have learned something useful , have learnt a bit with the Fireservice about this type of thing from failed animal rights devices.       
Not fun if you have a serious shout all due to someone not knowing what they're doing.

Either a fire or chemical cloud etc it can kill people. 

Love chemistry and love potassium permanganate, a great ignition source,. Just hate purple fingers when playing with it.

The under the kitchen sink and greenhouse combined is pretty much bonfire night and independence day all in one ???⏰⚡?☄

Back