best small van

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by tony1987, Apr 13, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. tony1987

tony1987 Newcomer

Hi guys just wondering what small van you would recommend. Atm I'm driving a a 15 year old scudo. Great little van but mot is coming up and I'm a bit worried I'm just looking for something a little more modern looking and reliable I don't really want to spend over £4000 any recommendations? I was thinking either a kangoo, berlingo or a fiorino/ bipper don't know how the bipper would carry the weight though cheers tony

Advertisement
  2. simon

simon Guru

depends on the weight you carry really, i have a berlingo first with 750 payload. i got it brand new, had it 3.5 yrs & its now worth £ 3500 :mad:, its still a great van though so you should get summat pretty good if you spend all 4k

3. tony1987

tony1987 Newcomer

I only carry 300 litres of water and 2 ladders. What engine did you go for on the berlingo they are nice looking vans I feel like a bit of a pikey when I turn up to a customers house atm I love the van it's never let me down just looks like a shed

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Stay clear of the kangoo dci engine same fitted in Clio they can be unreliable and have fuel pump issues!little underpowered same as the bipper will struggle with any kind of weight!berlingo partner dispatch the way and try for the 2.0 hdi rather than 1.6

5. CMRwindowcleaning

CMRwindowcleaning Active Member

I've got a Citreon nemo same shape as the bipper and it's got 650kg payload which is great for the size. great little van more space than you would expect. I love it got the top spec so fully loaded. I had a Berlingo before that.

6. tony1987

tony1987 Newcomer

Yeah it I like the look of the nemos I work alone so I thought that size would be ideal for me looks like the new shape berlingos are out of my price range for a 2 litre one I found a clean nemo with about 70 thousand miles on it close to me for 3500 how many miles has yours done any reliability issues?

7. CMRwindowcleaning

CMRwindowcleaning Active Member

I bought mine used on 70 thousand aswel and now done a little over 80 I've had no problems whatsoever it's a 1.4 hdi obviously top up all the fluids when needed and keep it fully serviced. It looks really nice really good on diesel aswel.

8. simon

simon Guru

my berlingo is only 1600 but it has a payload of 750 kg i reackon with me & my son a 350 ltr tank & poles & bits & peices a ladder on the roof & 2 dogs we're not far off that lol but it still flies along no problem

9. lou

lou Active Member

I have a 1.9 berlingo 2007, 88k on the clock, had Berlinda since september, top van!:thumbsup: 400ltr tank of pure, 2 ladders, and 25ltr drum of tap for me bucket. Pulls like a train! wouldnt go much lower in engine size though, as you might struggle up steep hills a bit.:eek:

10. simon

simon Guru

whats the payload on the 1.9

Advertisement