Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best system to get so i can use van for other jobs- flat or upright?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You don't really need a split relay though as you would have to do loads of driving to maintain the battery at the recommened level, It takes me 30 mins of driving to charge my phone by 10% when powered down I can't see a 85ah 12v battery getting much of charge from a split relay far better to bench charge overnight as and when required.

Yeah, I only drive around town.  U mean carry leisure battery into my flat to charge?  Would a leisure battery not get charged up from driving a few miles around town?

Spoke with Mr Scargill, can get a 400 litre tank with pump and battery for £900.  Would need to get mechanic to bolt it down and connect up split relay.    Basically I want get a tough system which wont get damaged easily.  Maybe will take an RO if i choose to get one fitted in the future.  Choices, choices lol.   Maybe go to WC show and look at all the van systems there from Varitec, Grippertank etc etc and decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
@slippy Your battery wont get a decent charge it takes a good few hours for battery to charge from mains electric, So yes your best option is to charge overnight in your flat. 

£900 for a tank and pump and battery is that a firm a quote and with the vat added as well. 

@slippy Your battery wont get a decent charge it takes a good few hours for battery to charge from mains electric, So yes your best option is to charge overnight in your flat. 

£900 for a tank and pump and battery is that a firm a quote and with the vat added as well. 

Think it's an August offer.  

Don't know why people bother with the split charge relay from what you're saying. 

I have a split charge relay I don't do tonnes of mileage as most of my works is very local apart from probably 4 times a month but it defo helps my battery never goes below 12.4 And that's with an electric reel I do top up every now and then. 

van inside.jpgThis is van at present.  Obviously needs a tank.  Thinking a 500 litre tall tank with rachet straps.  Want something that could take an on board ro in future if needed.  

pump box inside.jpg

did u say u payed 4k for this? as there only 2k for the 650l ?

Nah just got a quote.  Haven't made a decision yet lol.  I am not the most decisive.   To get it with ply floor was quoted 4 grand.  Just tank and system was quoted 2 grand but I have to install it/ bolt it down etc and put ply on yourself to make the false floor.  Think the system can take a 40 40 inside as well.   Whatever I get it needs to not get in the way of other things I will use van for.

I have a lwb Vivaro with a 650l upright tank and managed to get a stump grinder in. 
I realise this is an old post but @Part Timer I'm also looking at 650L upright in a lwb custom. Where have you positioned yours in the van?  I'm thinking across widthways so effectively space across whole van at side door and space again at rear doors that is if it fits that way round. Thoughts?

I realise this is an old post but @Part Timer I'm also looking at 650L upright in a lwb custom. Where have you positioned yours in the van?  I'm thinking across widthways so effectively space across whole van at side door and space again at rear doors that is if it fits that way round. Thoughts?
Mine is sideways and virtually against the bulkhead. I also have an 800l tank the same way in my Ducato. I think Pure Freedom install their tanks this way unless you ask for it to be done differently.

I don't know the internal dimensions of a Custom but would be surprised if it doesn't fit in with room to spare.

Mine is sideways and virtually against the bulkhead. I also have an 800l tank the same way in my Ducato. I think Pure Freedom install their tanks this way unless you ask for it to be done differently.

I don't know the internal dimensions of a Custom but would be surprised if it doesn't fit in with room to spare.
Thanks!  Can you see any advantage to having it against the bulkhead v across the middle?

Thanks!  Can you see any advantage to having it against the bulkhead v across the middle?
I like it that way as the controls are fixed to the tank and right beside the door. There are 2 of us so the passenger can jump out and set the pumps away. Might be different for a single operative.

I regularly have to carry gutter vac and genies around and with it width ways I can get everything in comfortably.

I have a 650l tank in the middle of my van but I would have preferred it right up against the bulkhead. I would have overloaded the front axle if I had it up against the bulkhead. Its important to know what van to get and where to fit the tank and reels because you will use it 5 days a week.

Looking for a tank system which will allow enough room to put gardening equipment, or wood or tools etc.  Would it be better to get a tank which stands up or a flat tank.  Spoke to Varitech the other day and they do a flat tank which has a false floor on it (400 litre tank 40cm above van floor) with all the pumps and that hidden £4000.  You can use all all the van length ways.   The other companies have an upright tank in a cage.  Which would be better?
Problem with flat tanks is they are very prone to air locks if the vehicle is facing the wrong way either uphill or down hill depending where the outlet is this situation gets worse through the day as you use more water , 

Back