Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Biggest compliment youve had?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HWCS

Over the last cpl of weeks ive had a few instances of what id call massive compliments, would you guys say these are compliments and have you ever had anything similar?

1: Facebook: last week somebody posted on facebook local page looling for a window cleaner, 2 windys put themseleves forward and over 20 people put my name forward.

2: Telephone Conversation: Yesterday i recieved a call from a lady "Hi, could you please add me to your round in Fakenham, ive just been to lunch with 2 friends and they were singing your praises" 

Sadly i had to say "im really sorry but my rounds there are totally full but i can give you the name of a chap that i know has space on his round there, hes reliable and very professional"

Her response "No thanks id rather wait until youve got space to fit me in"

Its crazy that i now have a 'waiting list'

It’s taught me a good lesson. 
If I get a compliment on my window cleaning, it still gives me a bit of a buzz even after many years. 
So I make a point now to do the same. If I use a trade for something, and they do a good job, I make sure I tell them that I appreciate what they’ve done. 
It costs nothing and will brighten someone’s day a bit. 

If I get a compliment on my window cleaning, it still gives me a bit of a buzz even after many years. 
So I make a point now to do the same. If I use a trade for something, and they do a good job, I make sure I tell them that I appreciate what they’ve done. 
I do exactly the same, i had some decorating done at home a few weeks ago it was £225 so when he was done i bunged him £250 and he said it wasnt right told him i was well pleased with the work and it was worth every penny of the £250 he was buzzing and said he couldnt remember the last time he was tipped.

We got this from a customer, in Cambridge, when we were flexible on a time slot to do his balcony as he didn't know what time he'd arrive as he was travelling up from London. 

Dear Richard, many thanks for your message it's so nice to meet people committed to doing a really good job. I hope you both get home in time to relax and enjoy this summer weather while it lasts. Wishing you and Phil all the very best and hope to catch you in September. Peter

Over the last cpl of weeks ive had a few instances of what id call massive compliments, would you guys say these are compliments and have you ever had anything similar?

1: Facebook: last week somebody posted on facebook local page looling for a window cleaner, 2 windys put themseleves forward and over 20 people put my name forward.

2: Telephone Conversation: Yesterday i recieved a call from a lady "Hi, could you please add me to your round in Fakenham, ive just been to lunch with 2 friends and they were singing your praises" 

Sadly i had to say "im really sorry but my rounds there are totally full but i can give you the name of a chap that i know has space on his round there, hes reliable and very professional"

it happens all the time to me......its called being professional and going about your business in the correct manner....this is how you build your round into a good,little business through word of mouth and recommendation

Last edited by a moderator:
it happens all the time to me......its called being professional and going about your business in the correct manner....this is how you build you round into a good,little business through word of mouth and recommendation
I don't leaflet or advertise and am still too busy..all word of mouth and walkups.

No need to advertise when you have a great reputation. 

I keep being told I’m the best window cleaner in the world ?

probably I say ?

Mine was just yesterday, a customers friend said to me "you have amazing blue eyes" - made my bloody day and I told her that too!
Haha that's so funny! I've worn glasses for the last 30 years (since I was 10) but recently had laser eye surgery so that I don't need them anymore. Lots of customers have said "wow I never realised your eyes were so big and blue". I say that they obviously didn't notice because they were hidden behind glasses and they all say "why, did you always wear glasses?".

Not the most observant bunch, obviously! (Some are custys that I've had for years). ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back