Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Biting the bullet...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This^^ Jetmac are ok but there are much better sellers out there, the guy who runs jetmac is rude and very unhelpful with regards to aftersales, strangeley enough hes really nice when your buying something though.......

Aye maybe it is, which is great if you only want to do business in Northern Ireland. you know what its like, its the same in our business, happy customers might tell one or two people, unhappy customers tell everyone who'll listen, and after getting very little help from him and his general attitude I will strongly reccommend others to use a more approachable dealer for thier products as thats exactly what I'll be doing in future. makes no business sense to me to be so hostile to your own customers

So after much deliberation.....we've decided to go with buying one machine but a much more powerful one. We're going to see a van on Saturday. It's a 2002 Fiat Scudo 1.9 off a friend who says it's in really good nick so probably going to buy it off him, it's only £500.
Can anyone advise me on which of these pressure washers (if any) are worth going for?

Loncin 14hp Tornado Package - 21lpm 3000psi £1400.00

Petrol, it comes with an 18" FSC with front jets, 10m hose, turbo nozzle, 5 quick release nozzles.

Loncin 14 Horse power Tornado package - huge output 21 Litres minute

Loncin 10hp - 21lpm 3000psi £1495.00

Diesel so will last longer, 30m hose, electric key start, no mention of nozzles.

10 HP DIESEL PRESSURE POWER JET WASHER NEW 2015 LONCIN DIESEL ENGINE WITH HOSE REEL AND 30 METERS HOSE

Leaning more towards the petrol one but the fact that the other one is diesel is quite appealing....is key start a bit of a gimmick or a useful feature?
I have the top one and ran it for must be at least 18 months and its had a very hard life, it gets used a LOT, its been absolutely spot on, above someone mentioned it struggling to pull up weeds, my guess? they haven't jetted the FSC correctly for their machine, or at all, they come with standard jets which are useless, they need correctly jetting then they work 10 times better!

We have been debating running two machines, we get quite a lot of regular work from very large houses that want drive and patio doing yearly, these usually have taps all around the building so running two wouldn't be a problem, then on other jobs we are considering having two jobs going at the same time.

The other alternative is to pay for a key to use the water boards supply, you have to hire the key and you then run a water meter on it and pay for what you use, we are looking at doing this with two machines and using a bowser as the buffer tank.

You will never run two machines on a regular domestic single tap though, you could try having two buffer tanks one running from the kitchen tap one from the outside tap maybe, but my guess is that it wouldn't keep up with both machines.

A lot of people seem to dislike Jetmac and their machines? but speaking from personal experience he has always answered any emails I have sent very quickly and the machine hasn't missed a beat, have absolutely no issue at all. In fact when I ordered my machine it was a couple of days late and he chased it up constantly and eventually found that it had managed to get hidden at the back of a warehouse somewhere after coming off the boat, my guess is someone unloaded it and decided to hide it for awhile to see if they could rob it later, but he was brilliant and was at the point of sending me another one when the delivery people found it and sent it on.

i use a 20" with my 21ltr 3000psi, does a good job but its struggles with weeds. dont bother with all that gimmick **** attached to the fsc. definately get a diesel if you can afford it, i spend a fortune on petrol.
i would strongly recommend steering clear of jetmac, if anything goes wrong with that machine its an uphill battle getting it sorted!

rutland pumps are spot on with better quality gear
You haven't put the correct jets in the FSC have you? and the water broom on the front is bloody brilliant, if you check any pressure washing forums/facebook pages there are quite a lot of people bodging their own versions, there are some DIY guides on how to bodge your own.

Oh and if you get the odd weed that won't shift have the turbo on the front to quickly blast it out, saves going over with the lance afterwards.

Back