Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP how many Litres for two man team?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Granty

Evening, first post on here. Been working for someone on and off since leaving school in 2010. Finally realised the potential of going on myself as I've had a lot of friends of family ask if I could do their windows around 30 houses and 2 care homes to start.  

I've been doing trad work the whole time but as I've seen with my boss it messes you up as you get older so looking into a WFP system to mount in a van. Not sure what van to get yet (all depends on the size of system I would need) 

Ideally a 2 man system as I'd still be working 4-5 days on my bosses work while I build up customers and the hopes that he will eventually sell his run as he doesnt work anymore. One of my mates has a valeting business and wants to help out on days he's slow on work. 

Don't want to take up the full van with a system as I'd like to expand with a pressure washer and skyvac. 

So my main question is How many Litres are used on average by a 2 man team? From a trad background I have no idea where to start with WFP systems. 

Thanks in advance 

650L is what I used for commercial window cleaning at the company I was at. That would last the whole day as long as you didn't have it on high pressure.

As for a van if you want to do other things too, go for a Vivaro LWB or a van similar, plenty of room to fit other equipment in. All depends on what cash you have available to invest

Welcome to the house of fun. ?Mercedes Vito, 650 litre flat tank (keeps the space above it for side reel and pole). Plenty of room for two man kit if you do it right (second reel inside back doors.

Process water into 1000 litre IBC tank at a base if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bigger the van the better if you want to fit in a PW or maybe a Vac and poles. I have a MWB Crafter with a 650l tank in the middle. Stacked reels take up the left hand side at the back door which leaves space for my Vac on the right hand side. The side door can easily take my 4 wheeled PW but not much room on the floor is left. Its getting to the stage that I am thinking about a bigger van with a twin axle to hold everything including a 1000l tank. The way I see it, you can never have too big a van. ?

When working on my own I would use up to 650 ltr on my own , with two guys doing domestic work we use 700-1000 per day depending on the type of jobs our work is very compact so little travel time between jobs .

on commercial work we use 1000-1500 ltr per day but that’s two guys with poles on the glass for 8 hours so total work time 16 hours 

Thanks for all the informative replies. Currently looking through insurance groups for medium sized vans as I've just recently passed my test even though I'm 25 I'm still getting quoted £2000+ so might have to look at a smaller cheaper van for now. And just work myself then once I have some no claims get something bigger. 

I think most of us would advise you to not go for a very small van unless you have to.

Good luck. Not easy starting out.

Might be worth just taking the hit and paying for the expensive insurance. One of the care home jobs will pay for the insurance each month and have some left over. In the long run it will be worth it I think. 

Might be worth just taking the hit and paying for the expensive insurance. One of the care home jobs will pay for the insurance each month and have some left over. In the long run it will be worth it I think. 
It might be, providing you're able to and you're sure and determined that this is the business for you.

Trouble with starting with too small a van is, once you start building your business up you will probably find that you will fairly soon need a bigger tank and heavier payload. Plus if you're like me you'll keep adding to your equipment.

Yet more expense and inconvenience when you have to change tank and van.

We would use on average for 2 men 700 from 8am to 2/3pm if working later then a partial top up of maybe 200 litres di. 

Evening, first post on here. Been working for someone on and off since leaving school in 2010. Finally realised the potential of going on myself as I've had a lot of friends of family ask if I could do their windows around 30 houses and 2 care homes to start.  

I've been doing trad work the whole time but as I've seen with my boss it messes you up as you get older so looking into a WFP system to mount in a van. Not sure what van to get yet (all depends on the size of system I would need) 

Ideally a 2 man system as I'd still be working 4-5 days on my bosses work while I build up customers and the hopes that he will eventually sell his run as he doesnt work anymore. One of my mates has a valeting business and wants to help out on days he's slow on work. 

Don't want to take up the full van with a system as I'd like to expand with a pressure washer and skyvac. 

So my main question is How many Litres are used on average by a 2 man team? From a trad background I have no idea where to start with WFP systems. 

Thanks in advance 

Personally I would advise you focus on one business aspect, especially as you are starting out.

We have found a SWB Citroen Relay, Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer is adequate for a two man system with 650 liter tank, poles down the driver's side, 2 hose reels, steps and a ladder on the roof.

IMHO window cleaning is the repeat business once you have an established customer run. You have a customer that you return to every 4, 6 or 8 weeks depending on how you have 'laid out your stand' where gutter clearing and pressure washing have a much longer service interval.

If in time you find that these could be viable additional income streams them you could purchase a box trailer and tow that to site as and when.

Personally I have too much work with just windows to be cleaning conservatory roofs and clearing gutters.

A friend of ours is a roofer. He was once a window cleaner. He earns more money roofing but he often goes through very lean times, especially in the dry months of summer. He is continually advertising.

Back