Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Blocked dpf filter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sounds like a visit to the dealer and a warranty issue ?
RAC came out and cleared codes
I have the van idling a lot but for the light to come on after only 500 miles
Problem is with the light on she won’t rev up over 2000 rpms so can’t take her for a good hoke to clear the filter out

With that low mileage I would definitely take it to the dealers. 500 miles is nothing and even if you idling a lot the dpf shouldn't block that quick to throw an error.

I have a mate who is just having a brand new Transit fitted with a power take off to feed a generator to run his pressure washers! It's a 3 phase generator and if all being professionally fitted including necessary security and legal systems so he can leave it unattended while running so it's not a bodge job. The PTO and generator are being fitted as well as a custom body before Ford hand it over - he is paying Ford for PTO, Geny, and Body so they are warranting the whole vehicle.
The point I'm trying to make is that his engine will be running at near idle for hour after hour and if just idling was going to cause blocked DPFs I doubt Ford would sanction let alone warranty such modifications.

Get it booked in urgently with the dealer - remind them of your rights to reject the vehicle as not fit for purpose.

My van is 7 years old now (from new) and I do very little mileage(21000miles on the clock currently)and my dpf light has only come on twice in all these years.....

Connect 240 L2 limited

With that low mileage I would definitely take it to the dealers. 500 miles is nothing and even if you idling a lot the dpf shouldn't block that quick to throw an error.

I have a mate who is just having a brand new Transit fitted with a power take off to feed a generator to run his pressure washers! It's a 3 phase generator and if all being professionally fitted including necessary security and legal systems so he can leave it unattended while running so it's not a bodge job. The PTO and generator are being fitted as well as a custom body before Ford hand it over - he is paying Ford for PTO, Geny, and Body so they are warranting the whole vehicle.
The point I'm trying to make is that his engine will be running at near idle for hour after hour and if just idling was going to cause blocked DPFs I doubt Ford would sanction let alone warranty such modifications.

Get it booked in urgently with the dealer - remind them of your rights to reject the vehicle as not fit for purpose.

My van is 7 years old now (from new) and I do very little mileage(21000miles on the clock currently)and my dpf light has only come on twice in all these years.....

Connect 240 L2 limited
The van was 9 months old when I bought it but only had 5 miles on the clock - I wonder was it moved about the dealership during that time with very low fuel in the tank - I had almost run out on Saturday morning and then filled it to full - so was wondering if bad fuel could cause the problem or if low fuel could cause it ?

The van was 9 months old when I bought it but only had 5 miles on the clock - I wonder was it moved about the dealership during that time with very low fuel in the tank - I had almost run out on Saturday morning and then filled it to full - so was wondering if bad fuel could cause the problem or if low fuel could cause it ?
Give it a good hard run at speed that should clear it but still go to the dealer and get it checked

It might not be dpf. A lot of the time non dealers can't get the software to fully interrogate the system, they can only use 3rd party diagnostic tools that are limited in what they can read from the system. So the AA might be reading a generic code that suggests it a dpf issue. There where some issues on Peugeot/Citroën/Vauxhall about the add blue system not venting and causing vacuums.

Get it booked in at the dealers asap and see what they say as it could be something related to the dpf that is failing not that the dpf is getting blocked.
When it's sorted take it on a 20 to 30 min run down the motorway every other month or so. You need the dpf regen to kick in which requires constant speed and everything to be warm for it to then add extra fuel to burn off the ash that collects in the dpf.

It might not be dpf. A lot of the time non dealers can't get the software to fully interrogate the system, they can only use 3rd party diagnostic tools that are limited in what they can read from the system. So the AA might be reading a generic code that suggests it a dpf issue. There where some issues on Peugeot/Citroën/Vauxhall about the add blue system not venting and causing vacuums.

Get it booked in at the dealers asap and see what they say as it could be something related to the dpf that is failing not that the dpf is getting blocked.
When it's sorted take it on a 20 to 30 min run down the motorway every other month or so. You need the dpf regen to kick in which requires constant speed and everything to be warm for it to then add extra fuel to burn off the ash that collects in the dpf.
Yes I will do
That makes sense what you said
Thanks

Back