Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Boring conny price question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

? Wow.. 2.5 litres per house? That is absolutely amazing. Can't see how he even get to wet the windows like that.

When I did barrels I could do a average sized house with a little less than 25l.

I would say agitating is more important than rinsing. ? Darrens video about rinsing is interesting though, and I rinse way less after watching that.

That's the reason I am getting his customers, he is only making beer money and cant go legitimate. I said I would probably have a hot water system in place next year and he said there is no difference between hot and cold water. I found there is no point arguing with him because he knows all there is to know regarding window cleaning. Another customer wants me to do hers because the guy doesn't do doors and dodged the back windows but she caught him. I know if I do hers then I will get her pal 2 doors down and then the rest of their friends. I think the regular windy has become complacent and believe because he is cheap they will stick with him but it all comes down to trust nowadays. That's what I am noticing FWIW.  

If somethings been pre-soaked and softened up it will also come off a lot easier, if you spray noticeable bird poos prior to cleaning the windows they should be softened up nicely so that you shouldn’t have to be scrubbing too much at them. The heatwave produced the invincible bird poo this year though. Weeks and weeks of being baked on to the glass. I remember two in particular on loft conversion windows, pole extended to 35 ft and took around 5 mins to get each one off even with a pre-soak lol. If only it was low enough to get a scraper to.
I will use de-greaser next time. Its fantastic for removing egg. Has it off in a flash!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

AA mechanic told me to soak a cloth or paper towel in water and leave on bird poo and after 5mins it will slide off a car. Tried it and it worked a treat. How do you get a wet cloth to stay on a vertical window for 5mins without falling off? Jam the WFP against it and trad the ground floor first. :1f609:

Whilst you are all here is there anyway to clean internal windows without doing them trad? How hard is it to learn? (Looks pretty easy but I thought the same about WFP) I’ve had two enquiries today both want internal windows doing [emoji35] I’m still getting to grips with WFP

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Doddy111 said:
Whilst you are all here is there anyway to clean internal windows without doing them trad? How hard is it to learn? (Looks pretty easy but I thought the same about WFP) I’ve had two enquiries today both want internal windows doing [emoji35] I’m still getting to grips with WFP

Pointless question really as I’ve come up with my own solution... book them in for next week buy a trad kit tomorrow and trad every window in site for the next few days problem solved [emoji1362]

Watch as many polzn bladz YouTube vids as possible, buy some moerman squegees and start practicing.  Focus on being precise rather than speed.. you don't have to squeegee a window as fast as possible.. just get a nice flowing precise technique and practice.

Watch as many polzn bladz YouTube vids as possible, buy some moerman squegees and start practicing.  Focus on being precise rather than speed.. you don't have to squeegee a window as fast as possible.. just get a nice flowing precise technique and practice.
Or, just say, sorry, don’t do insides.

Each to their own, but I tell customers from the off I don’t do them. Can’t stand the faffing about.

I learnt to trad in 1990 in about 5 minutes 

Mates dad showed me how to do it on 1 window

Got me to have a go which needed a lot of detailing

He said the detailing will get less the more I do it and to keep up we have a busy day ahead

Had it down to a tee by lunchtime

Just do it and you will get quicker and neater with time

Watching Bob's vids will help a good deal

Back