Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

bought some more work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CHWS

Well last night I do my usual gumtree searches , window cleaning being one of them and found some work for sale 12 miles down the road. The ad was for a round worth 440 every 4 weeks and the fella was looking 3k. Straight away I thought it was on the expensive side. So anyway went and met up with the fella and he took me round it showed me the route etc. Few stragglers to start off with but then working into more compact. He said it took him 22 hours to do which after going round it I thought was pretty slow. I have me and another guy working it and I reckon we will do it in 2 days easy. I'm quite glad iv went now as he had this as his bit on the side and 2 other guys worked with him . Apparently they are lazy as and aren't getting round their run as it is so could well possibly lead to more work for sale that would be adding to my run in a neighbouring town. What's your thoughts do you think I'm mad paying that much for a run that has been established only 6/7 years??

I would never ever buy work again, unless it was 100/200 plus houses.

Canvassing is harder to sort out, but with better results imo.

Iv never been a fan off canvassing myself , just don't have the time for it, all this work seems well priced and easy enough

Iv never been a fan off canvassing myself , just don't have the time for it, all this work seems well priced and easy enough
That's why you pay someone /emoticons/wink.png

As long as you don't loose all the customers as its a new face. It's amazing how many people cancel when a new face comes on board just because it's a way saving face lol

Well that's it mate , last year I bought smashing work 750 worth for 2800, and 2 off us are getting it done in 2 and a half days . The main thing is it gets me into this new town , the towns name is NEWTOWNards lol.

That's why you pay someone /emoticons/wink.png
As long as you don't loose all the customers as its a new face. It's amazing how many people cancel when a new face comes on board just because it's a way saving face lol
Ino too well of that damo and couldn't agree more, many people see it off the chance to not get them done anymore as they are too shy to say to their windows cleaner. He's even said to me to get a contract drawn up and pay half the money and then pay the other half when I'm happy. Still haven't agreed a price yet so hopefully I'll get a few quid knocked off. Turned out he's mates with a lot of people I no and works with a very good mate off mine so hopefully that's a bit more to get discounted lol

Here's the story now , another guy is selling 280 worth for 450 so he's taking me round the customers 2moro to meet them and stuff so the expensive work will even out now. If he's any more to sell he can wait because I'm skint . That's the house deposit rock bottom :eek:

you want to offer 1k in notes . if hes struggling to get round he will take your arm off / show him the money

Yes IMO as others have said 6.8 times is too much when your the buyer, I'd happily pay 3 cleans for established work if i was shown the round and met some customers, but not much more unless it was mega well priced work along with some big commercial stuff.

When I took over a round from a retiring cleaner we cleaned the whole round together where he introduced me to all the customers and explained that I would be taking on the round if they wanted me to carry on.

I've been cleaning the round for just over two years and I only had one that didn't want to carry on and I've probably doubled the rounds value since I took it on.

If I ever planned to give the round to someone else I would do exactly the same as the previous cleaner.

Got to say, £3k for £440 worth seems very expensive. If I was selling I would probably think any more than £1500 was asking too much...that being said, I have seen some people asking for ridiculous multiples for their rounds.

All being equal and it's not, we always value our own rounds more than other peoples. If your selling it's worth a kings ransom if your buying it's not worth toilet paper. Just the facts.

I have a small round up at the mo that does £550 for me alone in 2 days and I wont settle for under 6 x so £3300 for it. Thinking about it i never sold work for less than 6x.

Back