Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buckets - pros and cons

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nice bucket they are the ones clow group supply I suspect filling that will be to heavy to carry. What I carry in my bucket is a 5 ltr barrel and every time I need to change water I give customer barrel easier to fit in there sink rather than bucket. I find any more than carrying 5ltrs is too heavy, but I change frequently.Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk
How often do you change your water seye. Must admit, I am not the most frequent water changer.

so thats your sandwiches sorted what do you use for work...:rofl:

i am ditching my bucket more and more and leaving it in the boot as i only really use my boab...but...i have to let people know i am there whilst around the back....

Looks a nice piece of kit Tolish
I hope so mate. I just fancied having something light for those jobs where you have to have a bucket- dirty ones and big ones (just how I like my women). The lid was also a big thing for me as I've made a mess too many times as I drive like a loony most days.

so thats your sandwiches sorted what do you use for work...:rofl:
i am ditching my bucket more and more and leaving it in the boot as i only really use my boab...but...i have to let people know i am there whilst around the back....
I know what you mean about the sandwiches mate. It sounds tiny and I've never seen one in person so I have no idea what to expect. It says it fits a 14''app so it should be fine but I've got images of soaking up all the water on my first dunk.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I bet those from the dark side of this website are looking on In envy, having seen that bucket. I would wager on mass defections back to the trad way of life;)
I think they're too busy playing with their poles to even notice.:thumbsup:

I bet those from the dark side of this website are looking on In envy, having seen that bucket. I would wager on mass defections back to the trad way of life;)
The question is, are us on the dark side worthy of such a powerful bucket?

The question is, are us on the dark side worthy of such a powerful bucket?
IF you can keep your squeegee when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can clean - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and squeegee

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the ettore compact bucket and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a window cleaner, my son!

I thith yournk they're too busy playing with their poles to even notice.:thumbsup:
Not a bad job though tolish.....being paid to fiddle with your pole all day. I only get chance to play with my pole at night time.

erm...must remember to delete cookies and history!

IF you can keep your squeegee when all about youAre losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can clean - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and squeegee

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the ettore compact bucket and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a window cleaner, my son!
The trad anthem

Not a bad job though tolish.....being paid to fiddle with your pole all day. I only get chance to play with my pole at night time.
erm...must remember to delete cookies and history!
Lol, I wish I could see through the popups and viruses to be able to delete the stuff on here./emoticons/biggrin.png

The trad anthem
Yep, Kipling (the guy that makes those cakes) wrote that, so it must be true.:thumbsup:

Only took me 3 hours of browsing to venture over to this section. Nice bucket :rofl:

anybody got one of these? if you have will a 14 inch Tbar sit flat on the bottom?. im thinking because its round it wont spill so easily when driving View attachment 2872

doing an online search i see theres a yellow version of the round Ettore ,with straight sides and possibly has an anti spill feature towards the top , on sale in the US. id wager this would be better,less likely to spill . this is possibly the golden goose im looking for

Last edited:
anybody got one of these? if you have will a 14 inch Tbar sit flat on the bottom?. im thinking because its round it wont spill so easily when driving View attachment 4766
doing an online search i see theres a yellow version of the round Ettore ,with straight sides and possibly has an anti spill feature towards the top , on sale in the US. id wager this would be better,less likely to spill . this is possibly the golden goose im looking for
Not seen these before Boar. How much are they.

Bucket.jpg

Not sure if you can see from the picture but, I slip my bucket through the middle of my stand off. The edge of the stand off(the part that rests on the facia) is resting against the side of the panel in my boot. This stops my bucket from falling over and limits general movement while cornering etc. It's a tight fit which is good of course and as I always keep my stand off in my boot anyway, it puts it to good use.

I throw my applicator in the bucket which minimizes splash.

Mart.

Back