Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

building a rural round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I

ivanbigtoe

Hello everyone,Hope all is good.

It has been nearly 3yrs since I last posted,I have not worked since then, on that day I had a good fall from 25 ft broke both feet an ankle a leg, arm in two places, both wrists & hands a few fingers me shoulder, collar bone, some ribs and two vertebra.

I have not been able to stand or walk because of my left foot, It was like they had left a scalpel in there, On Monday I had my 3rd op to rest some bones and fuse my big toe, It is black an blue and swollen but at last I can stand on it and walk slowly So fingers crossed I'm ready to roll.

I know it is going be a hard to clean again and I will have to pick and choose my work I am not looking to build a huge round But I have to do something, I feel like a failure not working,I got divorced about 2 yrs ago and moved to a new area and I hate it. (needed cheap rent) as I have been living of my house money which is nearly all gone , I will have to do a proper bare bones cheap as chips van mount because I can no longer trad so I will have to be 100% wfp. I need to get out there as soon as I can because every month I am getting further away from having the money to do this

Back on topic.

building a rural round

Where I live is very rural with the usual market towns and small villages and small groups of houses and single properties.

A big concern for me at the moment is walking and general health. I have very really left the house in since the accident and have suffered a large amount of muscle loss, So until I get stronger and fitter I wont be able to do enough doors in the more populated areas.

So I was wondering If any one has built a round doing very small villages the ones with no shops etc the ones with about 50- 200 houses. and knocking the stand alone property's.

My thinking is that being rural they might ave been targeted less by other windies door knocking and leafleting, So my strike rate for miles walked could be higher than the towns.,

Opinions please

If I was left crippled like that I would be sitting at a desk with a heater blowing round my feet in the winter :rofl:

My tale is rather different but recently I have been targeting smaller towns and villages on the outskirts of Nottingham and with very good results. My smallest village has 6 houses and I have the lot. Old farm site.

What I have found in the villages is they like someone that can take care of all their bits, gutters, driveways etc.

Don't panic and buy a power washer just rent one from your local hire shop when needed. My one is £54 per day which I add to all my quotes. Don't even need to worry bout servicing it. /emoticons/smile.png)

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

yeh keep us posted on how ur gettin on. im abso sure a rural round would work. i actually started as a windie out in a tiny village and altho im mostly a town windie now and have been for years i still go out to that village 1 day every 5 weeks and do well enuf out there that even with employees in tow i still rake in plenty. the secret seems to be play the long game,plod in there and loiter as long as u dare-find out who holds the key to the village noticeboard and pay him/her a visit -and the local housekeeper she will be gruff and no heart of gold but mite pave a way in to the village community - get yourself known in the pokey shops after a while someone will throw u a line to clean the village hall windows . tho u mite have to do the vicarage + bell tower first!

this year i decided id paid my dues so i recently dropped the bell tower and then heaven forbid the vicarage after 8 yrs of sweat and im sure im now seen as a traitor lol "we tried to help him and now look what he does..."

Last edited:
I live in the Cotswolds and its all small towns and villages, it can be done but you won't be making the cash like the boys in big towns. My biggest earners are the new builds with people commuting from London etc, you can charge quite high on these as most are used to London prices.

Latest Posts

Back