Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Business for sale - Berkshire

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tommywilliams88

Evening all

Potentially looking to sell my business. A mix of domestic and commercial clients. Commercial include hotel, schools, offices, industrial units and some sporadic canopy cleans in London that pay very well for little work.

Included would also be 08 plate van, 650 tank on board. Can be sold separately.

Going to go through figures this week to determine sale price. Reason for posting is to gage any interest.

Majority of work is Reading and surrounding areas (Shinfield, Wokingham, Bracknell, Reading, Farley Hill, Swallowfield, as well as customers in Wallingford and Cholsey area).

If anyone is interested I’m open to discuss and send details of the business revenue etc.

Thanks,
Tom

I’d be interested in more details ?
Hello Charlie,

I’ve been through my work and it’s as follows:

4 weekly - £437.34
6 weekly - £76.90
8 weekly - £308.18
6 monthly - £510.75

Mix of residential + commercial. Majority of it is traditional although some may be ok going wfp. Annual turnover around £8,733.86 without any add-on services.

Thanks,
Tom

Evening all

Potentially looking to sell my business. A mix of domestic and commercial clients. Commercial include hotel, schools, offices, industrial units and some sporadic canopy cleans in London that pay very well for little work.

Going to go through figures this week to determine sale price. Reason for posting is to gage any interest.

Majority of work is Reading and surrounding areas (Shinfield, Wokingham, Bracknell, Reading, Farley Hill, Swallowfield, as well as customers in Wallingford and Cholsey area).

If anyone is interested I’m open to discuss and send details of the business revenue etc.

Thanks,
Tom
Hi Tom, I hope you're well. I'd be interested to see more info on the business.

Cheers
Liam

Itll be a good little addition for someone wanting to add to their rounds.i guess you ll be looking for around £3k for the work?are most electronic payments?(eg no collecting)

It works out around £650 per month.how long does it take to complete the work?

Hi all

I had a buyer who are vat registered, so I messaged all customers and only 6 wanted to carry on. The buyer then pulled out. Lost a load of customers from those messages alone, and no what’s left isn’t worth selling. Happily give away the houses if anyone interested so they have some continuity.

Cheers
Tom

This sounds very strange. How did you approach your existing customers about this? I’m genuinely interested. They obviously wanted and require your services so surely If you just said it will continue the same as before but it’s being handled by someone else, then why would that be a problem, so much of a problem they all cancelled on you? Did you ask their permission for this or say something like ‘would I be ok to sell you to someone else, is that ok ? Maybe you should of just made it much more simple and not asked permission just told them it’s what’s going to happen, in a very polite way of course.
It does sound very weird though to lose that many.

Hi all

I had a buyer who are vat registered, so I messaged all customers and only 6 wanted to carry on. The buyer then pulled out. Lost a load of customers from those messages alone, and no what’s left isn’t worth selling. Happily give away the houses if anyone interested so they have some continuity.

Cheers
Tom
Hi what area are the remaining houses in?

This sounds very strange. How did you approach your existing customers about this? I’m genuinely interested. They obviously wanted and require your services so surely If you just said it will continue the same as before but it’s being handled by someone else, then why would that be a problem, so much of a problem they all cancelled on you? Did you ask their permission for this or say something like ‘would I be ok to sell you to someone else, is that ok ? Maybe you should of just made it much more simple and not asked permission just told them it’s what’s going to happen, in a very polite way of course.
It does sound very weird though to lose that many.
When I've sold work in the past I just either spoke to them directly and told them that someone else would be taking over or wrote a letter explaining who would be taking over I never had any issues and they still have the same lad cleaning them years later and some of the old customers I still see every now and then and still speak to I think if you have a good rapport with them and you are providing them with someone who is on par with yourself there shouldn't be any issues that's my experience anyway.

When I've sold work in the past I just either spoke to them directly and told them that someone else would be taking over or wrote a letter explaining who would be taking over I never had any issues and they still have the same lad cleaning them years later and some of the old customers I still see every now and then and still speak to I think if you have a good rapport with them and you are providing them with someone who is on par with yourself there shouldn't be any issues that's my experience anyway.
Did exactly the same. My mate Danny worked for me for two years. I sold him a big chunk of work which he still does to this day. No issues with the hand over ?

Sold 300 customers + old van to a youngster who worked with me from when he was 16 to 21 showed him the ropes more a less gave it to him to give him a start no problem on hand over as customers were used to him .Only problem was he got tired of it couldn’t see the gold he could of had his own place now I think he regrets it now he is now working for a basic wage out of window cleaning.Can’t win them all this was about 6 years ago.

Hi all

Cheers
Tom
This website is awful for selling work on. Gumtree is the best site for advertising work on. Also you’ve not to make a big deal out of the change over to the customer. Take the new window cleaner round and introduce them to the customers and inform them that everything will be staying the same except it will be a different person carrying out the work.

Evening all

Thanks,
Tom
Hi mate send me a msg 07950922026

Whenever I've bought work all I ask for is a few of the guys cards, so if anyone questions me I can show them and explain what's happened. Never had any issues and I've bought quite a few rounds. Never had a scenario where most of the customers have canceled either, maybe the odd one or 2 but never more than that. 99% of them don't care that the current window cleaners away aslong as there getting the same job done.

Back