Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Business van insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My last documents from them was on non letterheaded paper basically anyone could have knocked it up on a pc.

I had previously had a lot of faith and trust in them and waited over a week for a phone call back which I never received so just from my own experience and feeling let down this I decided to move away from them completely.

Up until this year I had always been very happy with the service and policies they had provided, but thought it best to share my experience with them.

County Durham Lad

I am with Aplan I know they're not the cheapest but they are one of only two insurance companies that can offer a courtesy van with wfp system.Should I ever need them I'm hoping the more expensive policy will be worth it and if I never claim great.

It's just another business expense.

I know a lot of window cleaners with cheap insurance and their tanks are not on the policy, no courtesy van etc You tend to get what you pay for.

I am with Aplan I know they're not the cheapest but they are one of only two insurance companies that can offer a courtesy van with wfp system.Should I ever need them I'm hoping the more expensive policy will be worth it and if I never claim great.

It's just another business expense.

I know a lot of window cleaners with cheap insurance and their tanks are not on the policy, no courtesy van etc You tend to get what you pay for.
I agree that you do get what you pay for and in my search for other providers, I chose ones that had a 5-star Defaqto rating and spoke to each one on the phone. 

My insurance was up on 20th nov got quote through.
£850 up by £175.
rang them we can do this for £51 month.
Happy days so i thought.
We just need to check all same er yes same van internal racking, roof racks ,water tank , signe written all same as i told them last time.
Oh we only have you down as roof racks fitted only the one modification i went ape sh1te with them.
Wanted over £1500 thats if the unwrighters will insure you we will have to ask.
I said no way i paying this.
This was yesterday.
Guess what they gave me 7 days notice of withdrawal of insurance as they can no longer insure me.
So yesterday looking round i went with more than.
£502 [emoji16]
Internal racking , roof rack/bars,
Signage front,back,sides, water tank no limit to amount as long as dont go over vans payload.
All printed in black and white with all on.
Be carefull guys could be driving uninsured.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Can I throw two things in here. 
1: APlan told me there are only two companies in the UK that insure WFP vans properly. 

2: When shopping around it's all well and good for the broker / insurer to say 'yes that's with a tank fitted etc'  but please get them to confirm it in a written email.  Just to be on the safe side. 
I have a good deal of respect for you Darren and I could tell you that I am an athletic 6ft tall chap whose body is a temple, the reality is I'm 5ft with a beer belly and covered in tattoos ???
County Durham Lad

Latest Posts

Back