Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Called it early today. Heavy rain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My last chap left in jan after 2 years with me. Because the wife’s been on furlough and I didn’t fancy a stranger in the van she’s been working with me two days a week since then. She’s been a big help but now she’s starting back at some of her own jobs. 
I do find having someone to work with is quite motivating. 
Won’t miss the almond scent hand sanitiser my wife insists on using. Bloody stinks. And her salt n vinegar crisps. Wonder if I can put something in the new chaps contract about it ?

I've not even started today yet!I'm sat in the van and its torrential rain/hailstorms here and has been for 30 mins now......if it doesnt clear up in the next half hour I'm sacking the day off.....I normally work in the rain but not torrential stuff like this!its biblical!??

I was expecting rain, so am sat in office sorting the paper pile-up!

Bone dry outside and doesn’t even look like it might pour ?

Good luck Daz ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not even started today yet!I'm sat in the van and its torrential rain/hailstorms here and has been for 30 mins now......if it doesnt clear up in the next half hour I'm sacking the day off.....I normally work in the rain but not torrential stuff like this!its biblical!??
I'm fed up of it.  For about the last three weeks I've barely seen blue sky.  In between the showers it's just dull grey cloud.  I'm not one for suffering depression but it's even getting to me it's that dark, feels like November.  Just one day of blue sky would make a massive difference.

Looks like one of them years where we won't get a summer.  Foreseeable forecasts are the same for the next 2 weeks.

Ahhhhhhh it's doing my head in, just dark and miserable all the time.

I'm fed up of it.  For about the last three weeks I've barely seen blue sky.  In between the showers it's just dull grey cloud.  I'm not one for suffering depression but it's even getting to me it's that dark, feels like November.  Just one day of blue sky would make a massive difference.

Looks like one of them years where we won't get a summer.  Foreseeable forecasts are the same for the next 2 weeks.

Keep your chin up. I saw this morning they’re expecting a warmer weather front next week. It’s just going to suck more, all this week. They’re on about high winds towards the end of this week. 

Keep your chin up. I saw this morning they’re expecting a warmer weather front next week. It’s just going to suck more, all this week. They’re on about high winds towards the end of this week. 
High winds would be good, blow it all away.  They reckon it's going to be the wettest May on record, thought it seemed bad.

It’s only May!! It’s spring, summer isn’t here yet. Don’t right it off before it’s even started ?

Wasn't bad in North London today, dry untill 1pm, only last few houses in very light, fine rain. Most customers are Ok. Now texting customers for tomorrow. One replied "rain all week?". I replied explaining we clean in light rain as we dont dry them etc... no reply, hopefully sorted, but if needed what else do you say? New custoemer next to few we do for some time, only 2 previous cleans for her.

Haven't had to many rainy days, but today and last Monday both about 4pm biblical downpours roads were like rivers in minutes and hailstone as well didn't stop raining for 2 hours, I managed to judge it and get in the van today and last week, 

The weather has been shocking this Spring much colder than last year and my allotment is ? compared to this time last year lost loads of tomatoes and chillies, need a really good summer to make things better all round.

Finally can see blue sky, bit late in the day but first proper blue sky I've seen for quite some time.  It's not the rain that does it, it's the dark skies, the rain I can handle but that low grey sky that is there all the time.  

Looks like it will be a brief dry spell before a massive onslaught from Thursday.  Gonna go for a walk and make the most of it while it's here.

i managed to get my scheduled work cleaned today but it was horrible at times this morning(heavy showers on and off),it cleared up this afternoon and i had to take my hoodie off it was that warm!.....its strange weather thats for sure.....

Don't underestimate lightning. Last week, in Blackpool a 9 year old boy was killed by a lightning while playing football!!!

Add windys waving conductive carbon poles!!! ?
Apparently the Gardiner Xtreme pole is insulated,  I however don't intend to test this out. The lightning was in the distance and the wind was light so the hot and cold air wasn't moving quickly.

Back