Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

can’t turn off univalve

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Murphy

Hi I’m new to this wfp only started using it this week, I have a hot water system , when the system gets up to temperature the pole hose goes really stretchy and it’s difficult to turn the univalve on/off . The pole hose is what came with the gardiner pole I bought, it’s yellow, do I need to swap this out for hose that can handle hot water ? When the pole is extended I can’t use the univalve at all. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Hi I’m new to this wfp only started using it this week, I have a hot water system , when the system gets up to temperature the pole hose goes really stretchy and it’s difficult to turn the univalve on/off . The pole hose is what came with the gardiner pole I bought, it’s yellow, do I need to swap this out for hose that can handle hot water ? When the pole is extended I can’t use the univalve at all. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
You need to use a stiffer pole hose like Gardiners green pu that won’t stretch .

I still think Exceeds hose is the best. However, it's stiff and coiling can be an issue. We coil it up when packing away and we spin it out to stop the bird nest at the bottom of the pole when extending the pole.

https://ex-ceedinnovation.co.uk/shop/hoses-connectors/8mm-all-weather/
That's the hose I have and its bombproof especially with the hotwater, wouldn't run with anything else. Someone on here must have recommended it because that's why I bought it, maybe it was you Spruce. ?

thanks
You need low stretch hot water hose 

That's the hose I have and its bombproof especially with the hotwater, wouldn't run with anything else. Someone on here must have recommended it because that's why I bought it, maybe it was you Spruce. ?
I have Gardiner's PU hose on my SLX27 and the red Exceed hose on an old SLX22. In my honest opinion, the Exceed hose is a little better with hot water. But it's also stiffer. The PU hose is slightly more manageable. It just seems that you can't have it both ways. ?

Latest Posts

Back